Uh oh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Uh oh

Post by Soi Dog »

JBTrain wrote:Y'all certainly welcome at Garage. Silly to presume otherwise. So I hear.
I would hope so. I can't imagine any bar owner who bans large blocks of forum posters from drinking in his establishment for such a silly reason would be in business very long.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Maybe this could be OD's next video. "Showdown at the Garage Bar" set to either "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" or "Gunfight at the OK Corral"
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Soi Dog wrote:
JBTrain wrote:Y'all certainly welcome at Garage. Silly to presume otherwise. So I hear.
I would hope so. I can't imagine any bar owner who bans large blocks of forum posters from drinking in his establishment for such a silly reason would be in business very long.
And the video was terrific by the way.
Using Tapatalk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Well, a main owner of the k440 once swore to the public that he will never go to Garage again because he was not invited. I thought that was amusing. He should of take it like a man like Cambod and take his misery out at Pontoon or the one next door :D :beer3:
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

The Garage has had enough drama don't you think. Cool vibes by all reports.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Soi Dog wrote:
Jaap N. wrote:Deleted. That was quick!
I tried to sneak in a few comments on K440 about this forum before I got shit-canned there. They were all deleted within one minute each time. Even the ones I posted at 4am. The mods must be taking shifts and under orders to be extra vigilant. :Search:
I am not an IT guy, but don't they run automated "bots" over there. Perhaps they just told one of their forum bots to auto-delete any post/thread containing " CEO.com" etc etc.?

Pretty interesting to watch K440 the past few months. People always talk about how things were 5 or 10 years ago. Shit, K440 was a pretty different place when I joined a bit over 1 year ago! It seems like overnight most of the regular posters I knew were all banned. Never would I thought that I would have been the last one standing.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think all forums should have equal rights.

CEO members have just as much right to be held hostage at Garage as 440 members.

Perhaps jm would be willing to host our invasion as pert of an expand democracy campaign?

Anybody know 10 bolshy Aussies?

Maybe we can post an ad in the help wanted section or on CPN...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
I am not an IT guy, but don't they run automated "bots" over there. Perhaps they just told one of their forum bots to auto-delete any post/thread containing " CEO.com" etc etc.?

Pretty interesting to watch K440 the past few months. People always talk about how things were 5 or 10 years ago. Shit, K440 was a pretty different place when I joined a bit over 1 year ago! It seems like overnight most of the regular posters I knew were all banned. Never would I thought that I would have been the last one standing.
Pretty dumb things to do IMO, a forum live with its members (active member = more connection = more advertising revenue ) if the mod try to control who post they must do it in agreement with the mood of the forum. They do not have one single resource than can't be duplicated ( by opposition to a professional forum which can have function not easily or cheaply duplicated) and for making matter worse around 70% of the poster must know each other in real life.

Otherwise the serial/regular poster will just move and like here create a new forum, once this is done all the unsatisfied of the first one will not "move" but spend more and more one the new one. Even if the first one is not deserted it will see its connection decrease (as its revenue), and as the new forum as been created for fun not much chance to see it shut down.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

I joined this forum cause most on 440 seem like arrogant pricks. This one after reviewing seems much more friendlier.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

The Add Jay wrote:I joined this forum cause most on 440 seem like arrogant pricks. This one after reviewing seems much more friendlier.
Haha, glad you came over!

I remember you, dude.

The story went like this:

1) You disagreed an Admin's tweet and said most of his forum members are XXXXXXX.

2) He turns around and finds out everything he can about you and goes on his forum and posts your personal details like your, name, picture, where you work, etc, to get back at you. :facepalm:

Rest assured you're in good hands here at CEO. We would NEVER do that to you (or any other member) no matter how many insults you throw at us.

We will also not tolerate that going on between other members here either.

We're even going as far as protecting the privacy of all members from other sites as well, including K440.

We take privacy very seriously here. :good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic