Bringing your dog to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Brendianne
Tourist
Australia

Re: Bringing your dog to Cambodia

Post by Brendianne »

Beebo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm
Find a nice long bamboo stick and take it when you walk your dog.
You'll find it very useful to fend off the neighborhood dogs that try to have a taste of you.
Thanks for the advice; unlike the rest of the piss-takers.
Brendianne
Tourist
Australia

Post by Brendianne »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm they may not let you bring it back to Oz.
The laws are so stringent to bring them back to Oz; which I do understand. But, my dog will be spending the rest of his life living abroad with me; so not too concerned with that.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Be careful that it does not get into fights with stray dogs, had a friend bring his dog and it got in a fight with some strays
and it was bitten by the stray dogs. It cost him a few hundred USD to treat the injuries.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Brendianne wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm they may not let you bring it back to Oz.
The laws are so stringent to bring them back to Oz; which I do understand. But, my dog will be spending the rest of his life living abroad with me; so not too concerned with that.
Sentenced to death in Cambodia. Hope your from the top end or your dogs going to hate it here.
Are you sure you want to do this?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Has it been vaccinated for rabies? Also, how does a spoilered picture show up on facebook?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

get him every injection under the son and feed him well. my dog took over the village because local hounds are badly fed on rice and are often mangy and sick. A fit dog can see off three or four and as a lat resort outrun them. All the fit ones are bred for meat and sold off to the butcher if he doesn't steal them first.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic