Cambodia's first ice skating team chases Winter Olympic dream

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia's first ice skating team chases Winter Olympic dream

Post by Barang chgout »

He had no chance till the rest fell over Lol!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Cambodia's first ice skating team chases Winter Olympic dream

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Arget wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:14 pm That Australian "speed skater" , who won gold when everyone else fell over.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
In all fairness he was a professional speed skater and competed in 4 Winter games. You do realise this was a final and he was in it??????

As I told my kids win , lose or draw he was the 5th best in the world at that time and as luck would have it he persevered and was in the right place at the right time.
Years of training and injury led to a Gold medal. Lucky? Yes but whoever was in that race had a chance.......... =@
Except he was only in the final because the same thing happened in the semi final and he was only in the semi final because someone was disqualified in the quarter final meaning he moved from 3rd to 2nd.

I would say luck played a MASSIVE part in that medal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic