FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by StroppyChops »

bendix wrote:1. Stroppychops (by his own account) was banned because Admin thought he was cambod, not because he posted on CEO. When Stroppy challenged it, the ban was rescinded and he continues to be a member on 440 as he himself claims. So, False.
Well, no, what I did say was that I was banned immediately after my first post on CEO, and the reason given was that I 'must be cambod'. This was followed by abusive PMs from KiR, who clearly showed that he knew I am not cambod. But hey, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story, do carry on.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

bendix wrote:
2. rebo was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False

3. bauerin was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False.

LoL, ok spin doctor.

You're the one who recently (maybe a few weeks ago?) pointed out that KiR went back, recently, and "deleted" Rebo.

True or false?

Anyways, you have the reputation you have online because of your posts like these.

Stroppy was banned shortly after posting on CEO, was "officially" charged with impersonating our beloved Cambod, then received PM's from KiR clearly indicating he knew it wasn't really Cambod.

LoL, you guys are a piece of work over there, and it's no surprise you guys had to sell out so fast after CEO started.

:facepalm:

Keep up the good work. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

General Mackevili wrote:
bendix wrote:
2. rebo was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False

3. bauerin was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False.

LoL, ok spin doctor.

You're the one who recently (maybe a few weeks ago?) pointed out that KiR went back, recently, and "deleted" Rebo.

True or false?

Anyways, you have the reputation you have online because of your posts like these.

Stroppy was banned shortly after posting on CEO, was "officially" charged with impersonating our beloved Cambod, then received PM's from KiR clearly indicating he knew it wasn't really Cambod.

LoL, you guys are a piece of work over there, and it's no surprise you guys had to sell out so fast after CEO started.

:facepalm:

Keep up the good work. Image

I'm done.

You've been caught out in making a false claim. You know it. Other posters know it too, according to my PMs.

It's ironic that you're not prepared to accept you're wrong. That reminds me of someone else in the forum ownership world.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

bendix wrote:
I'm done.
Thank God.

(Again, Stroppy already gave a valid account of one such case. That should at least show you I'm not making these allegations up. I assume the others would rather stay out of this for fear of having to play this whole game with you again (or for whatever reasons). They have that right, and frankly, I don't blame them.)

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

I have to agree here, you're really just dodging the subject (funny how you once accused him of doing it, and not you're doing it) regarding Stroppy and Rebo.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

bendix wrote:What seems obvious though, is that a deal looks set to be concluded with a buyer or group of buyers who want 440 to continue in roughly the same way, a methodology which has seen traffic continue to rise for years, including over the last three months.
Where are you getting your statistics about Khmer440.com user traffic? The past 3 months in particular look like a train wreck. "Rising for years"? :ROFL:

http://khmer440.com.w3snoop.com/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

OrangeDragon wrote:
bendix wrote: From memory the key bannings that are DetroitMuscle and The AddJay, both for very specific and personal insults posted on the forum. James Ricketson was banned in early July for his persistent misuse of 440 to highlight a personal vendetta against Scott Neeson, and for starting a thread which named a member of admin in the title. scobienz banned catonceagain, and the reason was clearly posted. nightmare believer and ricecakes are temporarily sinbinned currently (the former for too long if you want my opinion, but there you go). Garry Crabtree was inadvertently banned when an IP ban address was issued. He is more than welcome to post there, and his account (inadvertently deactivated) is reactivated.

I'm struggling to think of others - you seem in the know, so perhaps you could share your information.

Of course there have been other bannings. Spammers etc are banned regularly: 440's traffic means it is a target for such things, hence the reason a new poster's first five posts are mod-previewed. The only other bans I can think of occurred when cambod set up accounts and was found to be PM-ing 440 members, encouraging them to join here.
And phuketrichard?
OK; got some free time and the internet is not as bad as the past few days ( i am in Bagan) and a travel log will follow when i get back to Thailand but let me give ya a insight,
we rented motorcycles in Mandalay and headed up into restricted areas in the northern Shan state even though being told "you cant do it!!" an made it to Mogkok a really closed areas to white people!!! fucking GREAT!!'

i was deleted back in april for a post on living in Cambodia forum ( long before ceo started)and to this day i still don't know why KIR deleted me., KIR hatred of me goes back a long time as i tend to disagree with most of what was posted there, and andy i have have bad blood between each other and i joined back inn 2006.

Personally my opinion with out Cambod an with OD in charge ( who tends to disagree with 90% of what i post ) i think many of us, rather than double post here will head back,
there are more posters, more interactions,more long timers with more on the ground info. I still see no identity here ( laready i see posters that were active back at the start are already not posting) and most of the posts are the same shit carried on 440 which, has i have said before, has gone downhill in the past year or so.

Will both be able to generate enough traffic, time will tell
but over at LIC is dead ( outside of maybe 5 posters) most of the time

AS the ad for Burger king ran

WHERES THE MEAT!

Sort of like teakdoor

But what the fuck do I know :beer3:
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

Soi Dog wrote:
bendix wrote:What seems obvious though, is that a deal looks set to be concluded with a buyer or group of buyers who want 440 to continue in roughly the same way, a methodology which has seen traffic continue to rise for years, including over the last three months.
Where are you getting your statistics about Khmer440.com user traffic? The past 3 months in particular look like a train wreck. "Rising for years"? :ROFL:

http://khmer440.com.w3snoop.com/
Google Analytics. The industry standard for measuring traffic. The graph you showed is a joke. If it has any validity maybe it is measuring only the front page.

440 has had a steady flow of 60000 plus unique visitors for months, and between 1.8 and 2.0m unique pay views. The rough average of new visitors is usually around 45 percent.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

alexa rank means shit
it ONLY counts IF the user has alexa on their browser and i would hazard a guess 90% or people dont, ( why would you unless you work online?)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

phuketrichard wrote:
Personally my opinion with out Cambod an with OD in charge ( who tends to disagree with 90% of what i post ) i think many of us, rather than double post here will head back,
there are more posters, more interactions,more long timers with more on the ground info.
Say what? OD and I are in this together, 50/50.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic