FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:
I'm not sure if you're keeping up, but Stroppy has said he's one of them.

Enough said. There's your desired "one." Others can also chime in if they want.

Also, Bendix can explain Rebo and Bawerer's accounts if he wants. Those were "deleted" under mysterious circumstances. Anyone who paid half attention over there would have noticed.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on the relative merits of gloating too much or too soon on the sale of K440. I think for a lot of people it reaches the point of being silly; but that is only my opinion.

As to your examples --- I believe that Stroppy indicated he was banned because he was caught up in an ip ban sweep and NOT specifically because he signed up as a CEO member. He can correct me if I am wrong.

@ Bendix --- Ok we have specific allegations now:

--- Stroppy, Rebo, and Brewer all allegedly banned from K440 for signing up here.

True? Not True? Clarification?
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:
I think we will have to agree to disagree on the relative merits of gloating too much or too soon on the sale of K440.
Fuck that, we can agree to agree! Gloating is not good. Shame on me.
Rain Dog wrote:
As to your examples --- I believe that Stroppy indicated he was banned because he was caught up in an ip ban sweep and NOT specifically because he signed up as a CEO member. He can correct me if I am wrong.
No. That was before the hilarious ban sweep.

Again, like I said, nobody got sent a proper message saying, "sorry, we have deleted your account for signing up to CEO. Have a great day!"
Rain Dog wrote:

--- Stroppy, Rebo, and Brewer all allegedly banned from K440 for signing up here.

LoL, you CLEARLY haven't looked back at his posts like I suggested. If you had, you would CLEARLY see that he is NOT the one you go to to get clarification on bans.

And I did NOT say that Rebo and Bouwerin got banned for signing up here, just that they were banned/deleted under mysterious circumstances.

I'm still LoL that some of you think that KiR hasn't banned people for signing up to his biggest competitor, which forced him to sell out, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Just to add to the little fire.
I just checked my K440 account and it's has been reactivated.
I was informed (on here, not there) that I originally got accidentally banned when someone got a little too carried away with the hammer about 2 months ago. Then to cap it off there seemed to be a technical glitch which deactivated my account for 2 months, until today.

I always thought and said on here that it was probably just a glitch and I thank bendix for helping to sort it all out. That doesn't change that fact that K440 sucks and bendix is still an arse.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:
That doesn't change that fact that K440 sucks and bendix is still an arse.
HAHAHA!

Ok, I need to go eat breakfast before I can read any more of this...

Off to Lone Star for unlimited coffee....
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

bendix wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
He had a reasonable concern, if he's not the one logging in with it, but it's showing active logins. Don't you think?

More accurately perhaps an admin is logging in with it to check his private messages now and then and make sure he's not spamming users for CEO.
Conspiracy theories aside, I suspect Joon's more common sense answer is more accurate. I strongly suspect noone in admin knows who Stroppychops is; it's not as if he was an active member on 440.

If Stroppychops would like to have his 440 account deactivated to put his mind to rest, he just has to say the word. Caveat, and with a nod to GM: it will be done on his request and NOT because he's posting on CEO.
Possibly, but actually not that likely unless he's hitting the K440 link in tapatalk, or they broke their tapatalk install again in some way. It's just now how that system works. Calling it a "common sense answer" is sort of misleading, because in reality it would be a "technical sense" of which out of the 4 of us discussing (her, stropp, you, me) it i'm pretty much the only one who has any (to my knowledge). "Common Sense" in regards to things that require more intricate knowledge doesn't often work.

Just like KiR often makes the statement that appeals to common sense that he can't read PMs because it's a really complicated process/etc... when in reality it's not.
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

Rain Dog wrote:

1. Stroppychops (by his own account) was banned because Admin thought he was cambod, not because he posted on CEO. When Stroppy challenged it, the ban was rescinded and he continues to be a member on 440 as he himself claims. So, False.

2. rebo was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False

3. bauerin was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False.

General M can skew the facts all he likes. It's frankly embarrassing to watch him squirm after he's been caught out making false claims which he can't verify with actual examples, a fact which a few CEOrs now seem to be catching onto.
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Just to add to the little fire.
I just checked my K440 account and it's has been reactivated.
I was informed (on here, not there) that I originally got accidentally banned when someone got a little too carried away with the hammer about 2 months ago. Then to cap it off there seemed to be a technical glitch which deactivated my account for 2 months, until today.

I always thought and said on here that it was probably just a glitch and I thank bendix for helping to sort it all out. That doesn't change that fact that K440 sucks and bendix is still an arse.

You were wrongly banned because of a technical glitch. I looked into it and thought I had resolved it. I hadnt. Several weeks later I tried again and found a way to reactivate your account, which was done a week or two back.

If you don't want to use your account there, no problem. You're a much more interesting and engaging poster here than you were on 440 anyway.
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Possibly, but actually not that likely unless he's hitting the K440 link in tapatalk, or they broke their tapatalk install again in some way. It's just now how that system works. Calling it a "common sense answer" is sort of misleading, because in reality it would be a "technical sense" of which out of the 4 of us discussing (her, stropp, you, me) it i'm pretty much the only one who has any (to my knowledge). "Common Sense" in regards to things that require more intricate knowledge doesn't often work.

Just like KiR often makes the statement that appeals to common sense that he can't read PMs because it's a really complicated process/etc... when in reality it's not.

As I said, if Stroppychops wants his account deactivated to put his mind at rest, all he has to do is say the word.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

bendix wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:

1. Stroppychops (by his own account) was banned because Admin thought he was cambod, not because he posted on CEO. When Stroppy challenged it, the ban was rescinded and he continues to be a member on 440 as he himself claims. So, False.

2. rebo was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False

3. bauerin was banned weeks before CEO started. So, False.

General M can skew the facts all he likes. It's frankly embarrassing to watch him squirm after he's been caught out making false claims which he can't verify with actual examples, a fact which a few CEOrs now seem to be catching onto.
Actually, they were unbanned right after... if they were deleted/deactivated it came later... likely without a word to anyone, because of how transparent the Fuhrer is. You've repeatedly shown how much stuff goes on there that you're not notified of... would this surprise you as well? Probably didn't even disclose it in the super secret admin section where they talk shit on everyone.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

bendix wrote:I strongly suspect noone in admin knows who Stroppychops is; it's not as if he was an active member on 440..
I strongly suspect you're right. Although posters with 460 posts (your statistic) in a reasonably short period on CEO are known to all and considered to be an active member. It's just one of those ways that the 'inner circle' here don't have their heads up their own (and each others) ass, but you wouldn't understand that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic