Memoirs of B-52 Bomber Pilot Jay Lacklen (Vietnam War 1973)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Memoirs of B-52 Bomber Pilot Jay Lacklen (Vietnam War 1973)

Post by Firefly »

viper wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 am Years ago I made the acquaintance of a former Viet Cong soldier who told me they only feared two things: 1) a B52 strike and being captured by the South Korean soldiers.
Why the South Koreans specifically? :hattip:

Edit: Sorry just seen the dates on posts.
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

Firefly wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 am
viper wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 am Years ago I made the acquaintance of a former Viet Cong soldier who told me they only feared two things: 1) a B52 strike and being captured by the South Korean soldiers.
Why the South Koreans specifically? :hattip:

Edit: Sorry just seen the dates on posts.
The South Koreans were the second largest foreign force and were responsible for their own version of the My Lai massacre.
And they had a fondness for the torture and sometimes murder of any v.c. they captured.
I mean wtf is it with our Asin friends. I know It's not specifically an Asian trait (unfortunately) but they do carry it out with gusto and have a certain panache in this area. :)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jim Gil wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:11 amI mean wtf is it with our Asin friends. I know It's not specifically an Asian trait (unfortunately) but they do carry it out with gusto and have a certain panache in this area. :)
Other places where torture was carried out by Asians: Abu Ghraib, Hola in Kenya, Camp Abu Naji, then there were the "Hooded Men" during the troubles, Auschwitz and all the other concentration camps... Those pesky Asians.
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Post by Takmav »

Yea. Lots of terror for the crew sitting in a plane 8 miles high. Probably had trouble eating his hero sandwich and freedom fries when he got back to base.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

hanno wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 am
Jim Gil wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:11 amI mean wtf is it with our Asin friends. I know It's not specifically an Asian trait (unfortunately) but they do carry it out with gusto and have a certain panache in this area. :)
Other places where torture was carried out by Asians: Abu Ghraib, Hola in Kenya, Camp Abu Naji, then there were the "Hooded Men" during the troubles, Auschwitz and all the other concentration camps... Those pesky Asians.
You are quite correct it happens everwhere, i did mention that, but i could have been clearer. Sorry.
That being said i still think they are particularly adroit even today, China, Notth Korea, Myanmar, the Philippines they are world class.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic