Which do you folks like best, Thailand or Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Which do you folks like best, Thailand or Cambodia?

Post by phuketrichard »

dang wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:01 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm
Phuket- DM- PP average less than $200 r/t on air asia,,,,takes 4 hours (1 hour 20 minutes in Bangkok) OR u can do the early direct flight to SR
I live in Kamala and it takes me 35-40 minutes to airport at any time of the day or night. 15 minutes to Patong. 30minutes to central mall in Phuket town
Lots of people ride bikes here and as long as u watch everywhere ur ok, Much better than Samui's one road around the island. But u'd still want a car for the rainy season.

The thing with 6 months in Thai/6 months in Cambodia. Which 6 in which one. Both rainy seasons are the same period, both high seasons the same period as well.

If you come down,give me a shout,I still think its great here even after 32 years, compared to elsewhere, sure its grown and more traffic, but i no longer need leave the island (like we had to in the 80's) to buy things :beer3:
I'm on it. Here's my post on TV looking for somewhere to base our "search" out of;
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... galow-tip/
here smy reply :-)
You can find a close to beach GH's ( 20 meters) in Kamala May- Nov ( under 800 baht)

high season 1,500-2,-000

Samui high season,,, not possible
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dang
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dang »

Thanks, I'll try searching Kamala - hadn't yet.
Tried Kata and Karon mostly.

Here's a tip! We stay at Magic Resort on the beach in Lamai. I can walk to an actual lifter's gym, Ultra Bodies. It's 1200-1300B but check the AC - and not in peak season. She'll ask for 1500B.

Lawdy lawdy Phuket has gone hiSo.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kata/karon are where all the "trip advisor tourists" go
FYI,i find samui more expensive than Phuket
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Gumby
Expatriate
Madagascar

Post by Gumby »

Thailand - more cats than dogs.
Gumby
Expatriate
Madagascar

Post by Gumby »

@Takmav do you know what time minivans leave from Stung Treng to Banlung? And Stung Treng to Kratie? Is there an afternoon service? Thanks!
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Post by Takmav »

Vans don't run to a set time. You have to just go down there on the day. They are stop anywhere vans. There is an ok mini bus that returns to Kratie in the afternoon. Phnom Penh Sorya run a 6.30 am bus to PP that stops at Kratie.
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Post by Takmav »

There is a guy who runs new vans to Pakse and Siem Reap from a table out front of Sampheap guest house. If he's not there ask in the gh. He was talking about running some new services. I would only deal with him if there was no other option. Slick.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

To be honest with you Phnom Penh is unlivable due to the traffic and Sihanoukville rightly deserves the nickname Shitsville for numerous reasons,
so if you have a Thai wife I personally would try to make Thailand work, especially by learning the language if you haven't yet. That changes everything.
I've lived in both PP and SVille.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic