FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by rick o'shea »

So who is Bendix when he's at home? (On k440)
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Banned or not banned who gives a shit. Bendix you've lost your website as the owner sold it from under you. You, the other mods, and the posters, weren't consulted and have been given no information as to the future of the site.

Good luck spinning your stories but you are officially now history and CEO is the future.

Oh and by the way the rumour on the street is that Expat Advisory Service bought you out which makes sense to me but not for you.

Banned or not who gives a shit? Obviously the General does, seeing as how he made the unbacked up claim in the first place. But as he seems unwilling or unable to provide examples, I'll put it down as a simple mistake and let's move on.

On your other points, what makes you think people have 'lost their website'? Are you privy to the details of the bid, do you know who bought it, and do you know under what terms? Do you happen to know who or who wasn't consulted? Unless your answer is yes, with respect you're talking out of your arse.

Here are the facts: No sale has yet occurred. According to my information, an offer has been accepted for 100% of the business. No sales agreement has been signed and until that happens it is usual business practice to have non-disclosure details in place. Nothing unusual or sinister in that, despite your best wishes that it's a cover up. Once the deal has been concluded - and KIR has given an indicative timeline - then I'm sure the new owners will make a statement not only about the ownership, but also about the future direction of the site. What seems obvious though, is that a deal looks set to be concluded with a buyer or group of buyers who want 440 to continue in roughly the same way, a methodology which has seen traffic continue to rise for years, including over the last three months.

As for rumours on the street . . well, what can I say? If you want to believe rumours on the street, go ahead :twisted:
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:
I actually feel sorry for him.

I was just pointing out this was all because of his actions, and it wasn't like everything was fine and dandy, and then he had to sell out of nowhere.

He just thought he could bully and censor everyone as he pleased and never have to face the music.

Anyways, the whole thing is a big embarrassment for him, so I feel his pain when he can't help but lash out at us over it.

He can now change his username from keeping_it_reil to selling_it_reil.

Personally I think you are doing yourself and your forum a disservice with all this gloating.

1) I never have posted that much on K440 because I found the atmosphere cliquish, toxic and almost neurotically focused on the negative. That said I think that specific criticisms should be backed up by facts, so if you want to accuse K440 of banning (or any other related term) posters simply for signing up on CEO you should provide at least one or two examples beyond those who founded the forum or retract your claim.

2) Gloating often results in real bad karma. Rather than gloat you might wish to consider how the sale will impact the future of YOUR forum. If one accepts what appears to be the consensus opinion that KIR's management style was the major impediment to K440's success, then it logically follows that since KIR will be out of the picture, many posters will migrate back to K440 --- quite possibly at the expense of your forum. The issue becomes more relevant considering that you personally are the "heart and soul" of this forum (no disrespect to OD intended) but will be leaving Cambodia soon.

How committed is the management of this forum to continuing to grow? Or is it now "Mission Accomplished" as KIR has sold out?

I personally think these questions are much more relevant to your membership base's continued investment of time and energy in this forum rather than mocking your adversary's loss of scoopy riding girlfriends etc.

I do appreciate that I can post so directly and bluntly to you on this without fear of being deleted/nuked/suspended/deactivated etc.

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

^ Words of wisdom. :thumb:
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

bendix wrote:Stroppychops has obviously not been permabanned. He is online on 440 as I type this.
Well THIS StroppyChops is certainly not online on K440 so I'd be really curious about who was being dishonest over that way - either my account has been deleted and recreated and some Muppet is shadowing me, or someone else is running my account after being given access via a password reset. Talk about a lack of ethics.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

bendix wrote: From memory the key bannings that are DetroitMuscle and The AddJay, both for very specific and personal insults posted on the forum. James Ricketson was banned in early July for his persistent misuse of 440 to highlight a personal vendetta against Scott Neeson, and for starting a thread which named a member of admin in the title. scobienz banned catonceagain, and the reason was clearly posted. nightmare believer and ricecakes are temporarily sinbinned currently (the former for too long if you want my opinion, but there you go). Garry Crabtree was inadvertently banned when an IP ban address was issued. He is more than welcome to post there, and his account (inadvertently deactivated) is reactivated.

I'm struggling to think of others - you seem in the know, so perhaps you could share your information.

Of course there have been other bannings. Spammers etc are banned regularly: 440's traffic means it is a target for such things, hence the reason a new poster's first five posts are mod-previewed. The only other bans I can think of occurred when cambod set up accounts and was found to be PM-ing 440 members, encouraging them to join here.
And phuketrichard?
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

StroppyChops wrote:
bendix wrote:Stroppychops has obviously not been permabanned. He is online on 440 as I type this.
Well THIS StroppyChops is certainly not online on K440 so I'd be really curious about who was being dishonest over that way - either my account has been deleted and recreated and some Muppet is shadowing me, or someone else is running my account after being given access via a password reset. Talk about a lack of ethics.
StroppyChops' account last logged in today at 12.08pm but very last post is dated May 16 over there. And it hasn't been deleted, deactivated, or banned since I can check the profile. Is it possible that using Tapatalk it logged you in automatically but you're not checking the forum? Can you log in to your K440 account so you can change your password?
Although if someone did get access to your account, at least, he/she's not using it to post inanities under your name. It's worth to check whether any of your apps is logging you in automatically. And if not, then the K440 mods should look into that.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Thanks Joon. The account was most certainly deactivated, I had to create a shadow account to have a fairly frank discussion with KiR, after which he later reactivated it. I'll have a look and see if the password has changed when I'm near my PC.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

StroppyChops wrote:Thanks Joon. The account was most certainly deactivated, I had to create a shadow account to have a fairly frank discussion with KiR, after which he later reactivated it. I'll have a look and see if the password has changed when I'm near my PC.
Why would anyone use your account? As Joon says, it is the original Stroppychops account, with 460 posts, the last of which was in May. Are you seriously suggesting someone in 440 has hacked it simply to make it look like you are still there, even if you don't post?
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

OrangeDragon wrote:
bendix wrote: From memory the key bannings that are DetroitMuscle and The AddJay, both for very specific and personal insults posted on the forum. James Ricketson was banned in early July for his persistent misuse of 440 to highlight a personal vendetta against Scott Neeson, and for starting a thread which named a member of admin in the title. scobienz banned catonceagain, and the reason was clearly posted. nightmare believer and ricecakes are temporarily sinbinned currently (the former for too long if you want my opinion, but there you go). Garry Crabtree was inadvertently banned when an IP ban address was issued. He is more than welcome to post there, and his account (inadvertently deactivated) is reactivated.

I'm struggling to think of others - you seem in the know, so perhaps you could share your information.

Of course there have been other bannings. Spammers etc are banned regularly: 440's traffic means it is a target for such things, hence the reason a new poster's first five posts are mod-previewed. The only other bans I can think of occurred when cambod set up accounts and was found to be PM-ing 440 members, encouraging them to join here.
And phuketrichard?

Again, nothing to do with CEO and everything to do with his comments on another forum. His banning was an over-reaction, I agree, but it had nothing to do with CEO, which is the thrust of GM's still unbacked claim.

Besides, phuketrichard is actively posting on 440 at the moment under a new name. His new ID is widely known and accepted by all the admin and mod team there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic