Buy tuk tuk for my family

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Babble
Expatriate
El Salvador

Re: Buy tuk tuk for my family

Post by Babble »

I figured he meant Entry Level hence his failure to remain in the country after a bicycle accident (Collar bone) and a new baby.
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JDMPRO777 »

You all are so damn cheerful and witty. L. E. is law enforcement, and it sucked worse than a 25 mile bicycle ride in a monsoon with pneumonia. Especially when I realized my rainjacket had been given away to momma so she wouldn't get sprinkled on riding the 2 km back to her chicken coop 3 days prior. Can I say that here? When I finally arrived home, I was met with: NO EAT DIS! CAMBODIA NO EAT LYK DIS! NOOO! ONLY EAT DA WYT RICE.. NO EAT BROWN! NO GOOOOD! I thought brown rice was better for you which is what I have always been told, although admittedly I thought the purchase could lead to a confrontation exactly like this. I didn't really care. I believe mostly due to the realization that I had worked for the past 30 years of my life to end up on a used bicycle getting splashed by teenagers on mopeds in Cambodia. That rice sat there for a month until it was eventually carted away by momma to what I assume were her chickens. This irritated me because I was already feeding the damn neighbors chickens at my house. I liked feeding them. I liked my puppy also until the drunk next door ran it over. My neighbor ate it but at least offered me some (it was actually his puppy but he preferred to live with me). I am getting a damn tuk tuk. Apologize for the lack of paragraphs and spacing.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

qood luck<
suggestion; go to the head police station and explain u have been doing police work and let them know ur available to teach english to the cops.
who knows

Good luck,make sure ur boy has a us passport ( get a consolur report of birth abroad at the embassy)

I'd work on "how to get to the point thou" ,as ur rambling comes across as ur fucked up on something
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

JDMPRO777 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am You all are so damn cheerful and witty. L. E. is law enforcement, and it sucked worse than a 25 mile bicycle ride in a monsoon with pneumonia. Especially when I realized my rainjacket had been given away to momma so she wouldn't get sprinkled on riding the 2 km back to her chicken coop 3 days prior. Can I say that here? When I finally arrived home, I was met with: NO EAT DIS! CAMBODIA NO EAT LYK DIS! NOOO! ONLY EAT DA WYT RICE.. NO EAT BROWN! NO GOOOOD! I thought brown rice was better for you which is what I have always been told, although admittedly I thought the purchase could lead to a confrontation exactly like this. I didn't really care. I believe mostly due to the realization that I had worked for the past 30 years of my life to end up on a used bicycle getting splashed by teenagers on mopeds in Cambodia. That rice sat there for a month until it was eventually carted away by momma to what I assume were her chickens. This irritated me because I was already feeding the damn neighbors chickens at my house. I liked feeding them. I liked my puppy also until the drunk next door ran it over. My neighbor ate it but at least offered me some (it was actually his puppy but he preferred to live with me). I am getting a damn tuk tuk. Apologize for the lack of paragraphs and spacing.
That's a great story. I think that buying brown rice for your Khmer girlfriend and her family is what people call a 'rookie mistake'.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The OP's entire Cambodian experience is full of rookie mistakes by the sounds of it :lol:
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Is this for real? I also have the tendency to over-share when I'm drunk but this wasn't posted at a time anyone would be drunk I think. I don't mind, it's actually kind of funny but I stopped believing any of it when the part about eating that puppy came up.
just noise, white noise
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

whiteribbon wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:49 pm Is this for real? I also have the tendency to over-share when I'm drunk but this wasn't posted at a time anyone would be drunk I think. I don't mind, it's actually kind of funny but I stopped believing any of it when the part about eating that puppy came up.
You were actually able to read that wall of prose? I take my hat off to you :D
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

You want to buy a TUK TUK? New they are around $800-$1200 depending how fancy they look moto not included. Second hand around $600 wish. They sell them in many places in Siem Reap ask.your GF to have a look around as its clear by your mistakes this far you'd end up paying twice what you should do :beer3:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Or the alternative is a Baja type (Indian) duel fuel too. $2500 -$3000.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes OP buy a tuktuk. I think its the same as buying a motorbike. Pay cash and get papers. Good luck to your endeavors in the KOW.

And please (don't) post the photos of the puppy on the darknet forum. :o
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic