Chinese low-cost airlines preparing to land in Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese low-cost airlines preparing to land in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PHNOM PENH, 24 November 2017: More Chinese airlines are planning services to Cambodia, mainly charter flights that will bring in thousands of package tour holiday makers from China’s major cities.

Ruili Airlines, a Chinese low-cost airline based in Yunnan province, told the Khmer Times it will start a service to Phnom Penh by the end of this year.

There are now 12 Chinese airlines operating 155 direct flights each week to Cambodia, including 70 flights to Phnom Penh, 82 to Siem Reap, and three to Sihanoukville. Most of them are catering to the low priced package tour market.

Other Chinese airlines are planning services in 2018; according to advance timetable details, Sichuan Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines should begin services in early 2018.
Routes from China that are in the pipeline include Sihanoukville-Guangzhou, Sihanoukville-Kunming, Phnom Penh-Sanming, and Phnom Penh-Shenzhen.
Khmer Times
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Chinese low-cost airlines preparing to land in Cambodia

Post by Fourkinnel »

Great!
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

knee how :D

be great to finally get some Chinese people visiting
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

They do make it sound particularly appealing, with the 'low-cost airlines catering to the low priced package tour market '.

Now i'm waiting for someone to chime in that the Chinese workers deserve cheap bucketshop holidays as much as westerners. :popcorn:

Fair enough, and low-cost package tour groups of USians, UKians, and Australians are often obnoxious and culturally insensitive to their cheap holiday destinations and disliked by locals who see their town turned into a tourist trap.
But there will be many many more of these Chinese tourists, and Sihanoukville is very small as holiday destinations go.
Well, bite the bullet, now we know what people felt like in Spain, Bali and Mexico when foreign tourism arrived en masse. :o
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

I hate airports.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Phnom Penh is one of my favourite airports, small, efficient, reasonable facilities, helpful staff.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

pochentong is the best and most efficient airport in the world for my money. 10 minutes to the curb.
they should teach the immigration folks to smile. the lady officers may if you crack jokes about not needing fingerprints because they have them already.
as an old guy, i mess with them by calling them "Pu" or "Mai" though much younger than me.
sometimes they smile.
bet they are pissed off to get no baksheesh
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:53 pm Phnom Penh is one of my favourite airports, small, efficient, reasonable facilities, helpful staff.

Is it worth having a poll ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two China-backed airlines nearing govt approval, adding to Cambodia's crowded tarmacs
9 April 2018
Two new joint Cambodian-Chinese airlines are expected to receive government approval to start operating in Cambodia by the end of the year or early next year.

MJ Airlines and Domrey Angkor Airlines are next in line to receive the air operator’s certificate (AOC) required to operate aircraft in the country, according to Sin Chanserey Vutha, a spokesman at the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

“Per their schedule, MJ Airlines will operate at the end of the year, and Domrey Angkor Airlines will start early next year,” Chanserey Vutha said on Sunday. “Both airlines are based on attracting Chinese arrivals to Cambodia’s aviation market.”

The two new approvals would bring Cambodia’s total number of airlines to nine, with four additional companies still waiting for AOC approval, the spokesman said.

A report from the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation released in February said that while Cambodia’s aviation sector was rapidly expanding, “it is hard to imagine a market the size of Cambodia supporting more than five airlines – let alone 10 – over the long run”.

“For the amount of new airlines, it is bit crowded to handle for aviation market,” Chanserey Vutha said. “But it is good that we have good competition, and it gives more options for customers.”

About 3 million passengers travelled through the airports in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville during the first quarter of this year, a 25 percent increase over last year, according to Khek Norinda, communication and PR director of Cambodia Airports.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... ed-tarmacs
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:57 pm PHNOM PENH, 24 November 2017: More Chinese airlines are planning services to Cambodia, mainly charter flights that will bring in thousands of package tour holiday makers from China’s major cities.
Other Chinese airlines are planning services in 2018; according to advance timetable details, Sichuan Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines should begin services in early 2018.
Latest news from Sichuan Airlines is not good. Does anyone know if they have started flights to Cambodia yet ?
Sichuan Airlines pilot 'sucked halfway out' when cockpit windshield broke
15 May 2018
The co-pilot of a Sichuan Airlines flight that was forced to make an emergency landing on Monday was “sucked halfway out” of the plane when a cockpit windshield blew out, local media reported citing the aircraft’s captain.

Captain Liu Chuanjian – hailed as a hero on social media after having to land the Airbus A319 manually – told the Chengdu Economic Daily his aircraft had just reached a cruising altitude of 32,000ft when a deafening sound tore through the cockpit.

There was a sudden loss of pressure and drop in temperature. When he looked over, the right windshield was gone.

“There was no warning sign. Suddenly the windshield just cracked and made a loud bang. The next thing I know my co-pilot had been sucked halfway out of the window,” he was quoted as saying.

“Everything in the cockpit was floating in the air. Most of the equipment malfunctioned ... and I couldn’t hear the radio. The plane was shaking so hard I could not read the gauges.”

The co-pilot, who was wearing a seatbelt, was pulled back in. He sustained scratches and a sprained wrist, the Civil Aviation Administration of China said, adding that one other cabin crew member was injured in the descent. None of the plane’s 119 passengers were hurt. An investigation is under way.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ield-broke

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic