Clinic/ Hospital Recommendation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PeterZ
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Clinic/ Hospital Recommendation

Post by PeterZ »

mcam wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 pm Hi looking for recommendations for clinics/ hospital to have a baby. We’ve been using one near Ratana plaza for check ups and it’s $550 to have a baby in a VIP room there.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else so I can compare it too?
I suggest Calmette. If you like to see the services offered at Calmette, please send me a message and I can arrange a 'walk-through' for you and your wife.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Take all documents (certificate of birth from hospital, National ID card, family book and/or carnet de residence, passport with valid visa) to the Sangkat where the mother is registered, official fee is either 10 or 20,000 Riel.
Is it a requirement that it be where the mother is registered, or just for future convenience?
Yes. If your missus is from Kampong Bumfuck Nowhere, but lives elsewhere, she can apply for Carnet de residence where you guys live and then register the kids birth there.
Missus tells me her sister registered the birth of her 3 kids at her sangkat in Phnom Penh, despite her family book being from Kampong Cham. She doesn't have a carnet de​ residence.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ Cool. I'm sure individual experiences will vary, and will depend on the Sangkat Chiefs interpretation of the laws and procedures.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:^ Cool. I'm sure individual experiences will vary, and will depend on the Sangkat Chiefs interpretation of the laws and procedures.
Well, we'll find out how the BKK3 chief interprets it in about 8 weeks.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Best of luck to you and your wife Epidemiks, and congrats!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 am Best of luck to you and your wife Epidemiks, and congrats!
Cheers. All went smoothly!
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 pm Yes. If your missus is from Kampong Bumfuck Nowhere, but lives elsewhere, she can apply for Carnet de residence where you guys live and then register the kids birth there.
Yep, so the BKK3 chief won't put him in the family book as it's not from his sangkat, which seems reasonable. He could make the birth certificate with some "persuasion", but longer term I think it'll be much easier if birth cert and family book is all correct and accurate. So the simplest, and most future-proof method appears to be having Yeay take the hospital birth certificate home and get her sangkat chief to make the local birth certificate and sort the family book update, which he confirmed over the phone he will do.

As for the delivery, besides the first ultrasound at Aurore, we did all prenatal and delivery at Khema International on 294. Would recommend them without hesitation.

The ob/gyn, paediatricians, and midwives were all fantastic, great communication and very knowledgeable, plus great facilities and rooms. Having worked in a large private hospital's maintenance department, it seems they've got most of the place built right.

Price wise, it turned out pretty reasonable: $400 over 8 antenatal checkups with ultrasounds, blood tests, medicines etc; and $1200 for the 'deluxe' package for natural delivery - 4 days, 3 nights in a very large private room with a large couch and two extra fold out beds, inclusive of all treatment, meds, round the clock midwife checks, and Dr's rounds, nappies, and food (they give you a delivery allowance and you just tell them what you want, but we had trouble spending the included allowance).

Wife was very pleased - despite initially protesting the price compared to other clinics - and found it stress free and comfortable, which I think made a big difference to her recovery.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic