FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Maybe Playboy can write another completely over the top PR based letter saying how much they respect people's opinions but fuck off you tossers as we sold it to Fletch.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I bought it.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I was fairly active back in 09/10 I had this mental image of Playboy to be an alpha, masculine looking dude. Until when Sunsan brought me over to Ken Svay's birthday party at Garage...I was taken back.

The melt down between Bubblet and KIR, he only has himself to blame for being gullible.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

KiR just posted the announcement.

:Yahoo!:
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

^Link?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Joon wrote:... and those who don't check/care about CEO didn't give a rat's ass about the sale.
You sure seem to think you speak on behalf of other people, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Jaap N. wrote:^Link?
KiR wrote:Here's a quick update for anybody interested: we've accepted an offer for 100% of #K440 and all parties have agreed for the sale to be completed by the end of July.

I'm not going to go into much more detail until nearer the end of the month, but I will say that the offer we accepted whilst not the highest offer made, was the best in terms of keeping the spirit of board intact and maintaining expat ownership. The higher offer would not have done either of these things.

More details will be announced in a week or so.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

General Mackevili wrote:
Born-Confused wrote:
I'm sure most of you would probably have reacted similarly as it's human nature!
Actually, no. That's the sole reason he was pushed into a corner with no options but to sell out. He was acting how most people WOULDN'T have acted.
Hang on a second GM, my comment was regarding his bitterness in losing his pet baby, that people similarly act irrationally by lashing out, often at those they perceive as being responsible for their loss, I wasn't condoning his attitude toward all, as I believe he has gone troppo, and needs time out.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Born-Confused wrote:C'mon guys, you really should cut the guy some slack! When all the crap went down during the big bubble-T stoush, it was KIR who rebuilt K440, who invested a heap of time (and no doubt dough) to get it all back to being a good forum. Maybe a lot of you aren't aware of the history, but there was sabotage, historical archives lost, all sorts of shit which KIR (with Sambo`s help) managed to restore, retrieve and fix, so that many of you who came later down the tract originally enjoyed/participated/tolerated. Sure, his actions over the last while display all the symptoms of what we Aussies call "troppo", but for all the investment and effort he put into it, I'm not surprised if he is just a little bit bitter. I'm sure most of you would probably have reacted similarly as it's human nature!
Rise above it (if you truly want be different).
I wish KIR all the best!
To clarify, a lot of that was brought on by KiR himself for not completing the tasks assigned to him to get the job done, then not wanting to pay for the job because it wasn't done.

2 sides to every story, and he's a MASTER at trying to make sure only his side is heard.
You were not even in Cambodia during this period, so what the fuck do you know? Yes, 2 sides to every story, which side did you hear from?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Born-Confused wrote:
Hang on a second GM, my comment was regarding his bitterness in losing his pet baby, that people similarly act irrationally by lashing out, often at those they perceive as being responsible for their loss, I wasn't condoning his attitude toward all, as I believe he has gone troppo, and needs time out.
Oh, agreed then.

I actually feel sorry for him.

I was just pointing out this was all because of his actions, and it wasn't like everything was fine and dandy, and then he had to sell out of nowhere.

He just thought he could bully and censor everyone as he pleased and never have to face the music.

Anyways, the whole thing is a big embarrassment for him, so I feel his pain when he can't help but lash out at us over it.

He can now change his username from keeping_it_reil to selling_it_reil.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic