Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by Jasper »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm eos is extension of stay- what you get the first time you renew your e-class visa
there is an EG visa ( looking for work ) that gives you a little extra breathing space- you convert visa to g class on first eos
cost is the same.
maybe give ANA a ring for a quote
http://anatravelandtours.com/
Thanks

The EG is for a maximum of 6 months though isn’t it, Frank?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

from fb
‎Iain Donnelly‎ to Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group
19 October · Kampot ·
Update:
Extending your ordinary visa to EB for 6 & 12 months requires docs - an official looking letter of employment seems to be all for now. This is also for first EB extension. It is best if employment letter has all company details including stamp.
Your ordinary visa E to EG is a one-time extension for 1, 3 or 6 months only without any docs. After 6 months leave the country and return for new ordinary visa & do it again or extend to EB/ER with docs. (no word as to if they will put a limit on how many ‘EG runs’ you can do)
Extending ER (whatever age) to ER does not need any docs.
For initial ER applications, more to follow. There are a number of applications in for people under 55 just now. Results will be reported back.
PLEASE NOTE:
This info is advisory but is based on very reliable sources. Different agents may offer different advice but all info here is correct (for now). Be aware of agents or law firms who offer shortcuts and/or fake documents. Using faked documents may come back to haunt you
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm from fb
19 October · Kampot ·
Update:
Extending your ordinary visa to EB for 6 & 12 months requires docs - an official looking letter of employment seems to be all for now. This is also for first EB extension. It is best if employment letter has all company details including stamp.
Your ordinary visa E to EG is a one-time extension for 1, 3 or 6 months only without any docs. After 6 months leave the country and return for new ordinary visa & do it again or extend to EB/ER with docs. (no word as to if they will put a limit on how many ‘EG runs’ you can do)
For initial ER applications, more to follow. There are a number of applications in for people under 55 just now. Results will be reported back.
PLEASE NOTE:
This info is advisory but is based on very reliable sources. Different agents may offer different advice but all info here is correct (for now). Be aware of agents or law firms who offer shortcuts and/or fake documents. Using faked documents may come back to haunt you
Top quality info there thanks, Frank.

I’ve been to four more agents today, and not surprisingly got four different pieces of information.
A couple of them repeated what you’ve just posted, and a couple were extremely vague on what would actually happen once I’d handed over my passport and cash.

I’ve got a few more to visit tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how I get on.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

I didn't see mention of the 3 months EB, which you need no paperwork for, and according to Lucky can be extended indefinitely at the moment. Just cashhhhhhh.

It is only single entry, so you would have to start over if you left the country with the E visa for a month before the 3 month EB EOS.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:27 pm I didn't see mention of the 3 months EB, which you need no paperwork for, and according to Lucky can be extended indefinitely at the moment. Just cashhhhhhh.

It is only single entry, so you would have to start over if you left the country with the E visa for a month before the 3 month EB EOS.
Yeah, I heard about that from one agent, but I need a multiple entry as I’m in Vietnam and Thailand in the new year.

As a last resort ‘Plan B’, there’s a 3 month tourist multi for $90 which I should be able to get hassle-free.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

never heard of a 3 month tourist visa for Cambodia, where did u see that one?

IF ur under 55, just go for the EG and ur good for6 months to decide what you want to do...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm never heard of a 3 month tourist visa for Cambodia, where did u see that one?
Never heard of it either. There are tourist visas from overseas Cambodian embassies that are valid for entry for 3 months but they still only last 30 days from entry. Maybe it's something new.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm never heard of a 3 month tourist visa for Cambodia, where did u see that one?

IF ur under 55, just go for the EG and ur good for6 months to decide what you want to do...
I just went back to the same agent to check that one out again, spoke to a different person, and he said no, it’s definitely only a single entry! :facepalm:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

John Bingham wrote:
Never heard of it either. There are tourist visas from overseas Cambodian embassies that are valid for entry for 3 months but they still only last 30 days from entry. Maybe it's something new.
Years ago, sent my passport to the Cambodian embassy in Oz, with the ash for a three month tourist visa. Passport came back, visa inside, came to Cambodia, stayed 6 weeks.
On leaving......" You overstay, $5/day".
Me...."wtf?"..... looks at visa.....dated for one month.
Love Cambodia.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

Jasper wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm from fb
19 October · Kampot ·
Update:
PLEASE NOTE:
Top quality info there thanks, Frank.

I’ve been to four more agents today, and not surprisingly got four different pieces of information.
A couple of them repeated what you’ve just posted, and a couple were extremely vague on what would actually happen once I’d handed over my passport and cash.

I’ve got a few more to visit tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how I get on.
Righty.....I’ve found someone who says he has the right contacts and seems disconcertingly confident he can get me a 12 month EB EOS.

$2 more than Meta, but without the $80 ‘paperwork fee’.

I’ll know by Monday whether he’s bullshitting or not.

He says that in the unlikely event I’m not given the EB, because I’m 54 in May, he may be able to get me an ER, without supporting docs.

If both options are a no-go, then it’ll be an EG for 6 months.

Gut feeling and experience tells me it’s going to end up being the final option. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic