Vietnamese supermarket

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Vietnamese supermarket

Post by Pizzalover »

I tried to buy some items in the markets and supermarkets in SHV. Supermarkets told me only Chinese products and the two remaining western oriented shops were also a miss. In PP I have tried the new market/central market and O’Russei. Same negative results.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks!
Imposter111
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Re: Vietnamese supermarket

Post by Imposter111 »

perhaps if you name what you want to buy people may have seen it. post an image would be even better.
apparently Bayon has "la vie" vietnamese water so perhaps they got other stuff too
i want this Vietnamese soap
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hey are you the #realmiguelito ?
just wondering
not that it makes any particular difference
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If they don't have what you want maybe they can tell you where to buy it.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 pm Image

If they don't have what you want maybe they can tell you where to buy it.

That Vina Mart has a big range of everything and they have been in business in that spot for many years. Probably if they don't have it no-one will have it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Imposter111
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by Imposter111 »

thanks for these leads
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Nothing exceptional needed, I was just looking for instant Pho Bo. Having searched SHV thoroughly, I have given up on finding a half-way decent soup. Strangely there seem to be no Vietnamese places in town aside from one chain restaurant. Even the bank lady had no idea. She knew only of Aqua Resort which is gone. The one place at the night market or what is left of it apparently uses instant stuff. Not great but better than nothing.
In HCMC, the Coop supermarket has the instant stuff. I got 1 small packet (luckily kept it). Surprisingly I could not find the product in SHV and at the places indicated in the first post. The only thing I got in SHV were disgusting replies about Vietnam, Vietnamese, and their food. Seems the Vietnamese army saved the wrong people.
Next time in PP I will try the Vina supermarket. Thanks for the pointer. I had done my online research but some input from actual customers makes a difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic