British & Canadian Tourists NATALIE JADE SEYMOUR & ABBEY GAIL AMISOLA Die From Drug Overdose in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: British & Canadian Tourists NATALIE JADE SEYMOUR & ABBEY GAIL AMISOLA Die From Drug Overdose in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by cptrelentless »

mucho wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm There are several problems with the food poisoning angle.

Yes food poisoning can kill you but generally that effects elderly or young children/people with compromised immune systems far quicker. For healthy adults dying from food poisoning that quickly it would have to have been incredibly extreme and would also depend on the type of food poisoning. Generally you die mostly from organ failure more specifically kidney failure. Symptoms include abdominal pain, vomiting, and severe diarrhea and with all as stated kidney failure may occur even if you have extreme food poisoning and don't die from organ failure you still can have severe organ damage. For them both to have died from food poisoning, that rapidly and at the same general time frame without one or the other being able to call for help, well it smells very very fishy to me. the simple truth is most of us, at one time or another, has had food poisoning and we have never even considered it. The other problem is why were they the ONLY 2 people there effected by "food poisoning".

The general guideline for various food poisoning can be seen here https://www.poison.org/articles/2013-apr/food-poisoning

I wish i could see the actual pictures of them as they were doa's even better if it was taken right at the scene near the actual time of death then I could possibly come to a better conclusion, having in the past worked at a major hospital and in B5, having dealt with doa's of various causes, palliative care transfers and the like without having to make 20 relative posts in 7 days yada yada yada. As you know or may not know dif causes of death have distinctive signs.

Not for any freak thing more for trying to figure out what actually happened to them. I tried finding them on the net but that ended in fail. May they RIP.
Doesn't have to be bacteria to poison you in this country, plenty of contaminants enter the food chain here. Check out how they make coffee.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: British & Canadian Tourists NATALIE JADE SEYMOUR & ABBEY GAIL AMISOLA Die From Drug Overdose in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:47 pm make 20 substantial posts that contribute something over a period of 7 days.
Yeah, they should have to make a number of substantial posts, not just inane comments and smilies.
Including at least one restaurant review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm
John Bingham wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:47 pm make 20 substantial posts that contribute something over a period of 7 days.
Yeah, they should have to make a number of substantial posts, not just inane comments and smilies.
Including at least one restaurant review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or one (truthful) Glory Hole review. That may thin the heard a bit too much though (but good promo nonetheless)! :beer2: :beer1:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 pm
Doesn't have to be bacteria to poison you in this country, plenty of contaminants enter the food chain here. Check out how they make coffee.
Yeah, that's why most of us are dead already. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
as862
Tourist
Fiji

Post by as862 »

Khartoum wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 am
as862 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm Also, some common anti-diarrhea tablets are opioids and can also race the heart. An accidental overdose could have the same effect as a morphine narcotic. Awful tragedy whatever the cause.
I thought that sounded crazy but it seems it's true:
some-opioid-addicts-are-using-an-anti-diarrhea-drug-to-get-their-fix
500 Imodium anyone? :?
This makes the most sense out of all the theories so far.
I thought so. I have been learning about this stuff as currently studying Emergency Medicine.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

as862 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm Also, some common anti-diarrhea tablets are opioids and can also race the heart. An accidental overdose could have the same effect as a morphine narcotic. Awful tragedy whatever the cause.
I was being sarcastic, I have rarely ever taken Imodium, but one or two tablets usually suffices. Taking 500 of any tablet is fucking nuts, that's like half a kilo of fucking chalk besides any of the active ingredients. Anyway, that's the kind of thing someone would possibly do if there was no other way of getting high. There's no way anyone would have to do that here when they can easily buy more effective pills in any pharmacy. I'd like to know what went wrong in this situation, it's tragic to hear of two young women dying and there being no answers. Unfortunately it's nothing new though and I don't expect anything to change anytime soon. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
greatwhitenorth
Expatriate
Canada

Post by greatwhitenorth »

She was just an amazing person': Winnipegger who died in Cambodia remembered as kind, compassionate CBC News

Staff from the Monkey Republic hostel in Cambodia told CBC News in an online message that Amisola and her British travelling companion, 22-year-old Natalie Jade Seymour, died after taking too much of a medication they got from a pharmacy. Immigration officials from Cambodia posted online that Amisola and Seymour hadn't been feeling well the night before, and were suffering severe diarrhea and vomiting.
full article at http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4405194

A tragedy compounded by the arrogance of small minded men who suggested the victims may have responsible for their death by consuming recreational drugs. Heartbreaking for family and friends of the deceased to read such comments about good coke and china white when they sought answers to the tragedy from expats living close to the place of the deaths. Those posters must be very proud of their insensitivity.
No Joke Howard liked a good laugh
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 am
I was being sarcastic, I have rarely ever taken Imodium, but one or two tablets usually suffices. Taking 500 of any tablet is fucking nuts, that's like half a kilo of fucking chalk besides any of the active ingredients. Anyway, that's the kind of thing someone would possibly do if there was no other way of getting high. There's no way anyone would have to do that here when they can easily buy more effective pills in any pharmacy. I'd like to know what went wrong in this situation, it's tragic to hear of two young women dying and there being no answers. Unfortunately it's nothing new though and I don't expect anything to change anytime soon. 8-)
I wasn't agreeing with you that they took imodium to get high, but granted, my comment is off the mark
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

greatwhitenorth wrote:She was just an amazing person': Winnipegger who died in Cambodia remembered as kind, compassionate CBC News

Staff from the Monkey Republic hostel in Cambodia told CBC News in an online message that Amisola and her British travelling companion, 22-year-old Natalie Jade Seymour, died after taking too much of a medication they got from a pharmacy. Immigration officials from Cambodia posted online that Amisola and Seymour hadn't been feeling well the night before, and were suffering severe diarrhea and vomiting.
full article at http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4405194

A tragedy compounded by the arrogance of small minded men who suggested the victims may have responsible for their death by consuming recreational drugs. Heartbreaking for family and friends of the deceased to read such comments about good coke and china white when they sought answers to the tragedy from expats living close to the place of the deaths. Those posters must be very proud of their insensitivity.
Who voted you in as conscience of the net?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

greatwhitenorth
Expatriate
Canada

Post by greatwhitenorth »

Who voted you in as conscience of the net?

Your mother.
No Joke Howard liked a good laugh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic