Watch Repair in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Watch Repair in PP

Post by vladimir »

Wow...but unusual, I think? Unless you've been flashing it a la scooby, in which case they'll take the watch-winder too, right? :)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I think that we tend to generalise on what does and does't happen here depending on how long you have been here.
I also know of anoth lady who was looking for an address using her Ipad. She got out of her car and was trying to position herself and the map in the correct direction. Up road a motto and whipped out of her hands.
We know it does't happen much but her opinion will be different.
It pays to play safe..... Don't advertise yourself and they may miss you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Arget wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:20 am
Arget wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am I gave up the expensive watches and now use my cheap phone for the time. Less advert to rob me
No offence, but they don't generally target watches, so many fakes around, whereas phones are guaranteed income. $10 is enough for a roving meth-head.
Tell that to Paul from England who ended up with a broken arm when two blokes on motto grabbed his arm and tried to pull watch off in 2015 street 63 near X street 310. =@
Link to that?
As Vlad says, its unusual for watches to be a target, phones are so much easier to pick up, and also to resell. And how to tell a shit watch from a real one from a distance ?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I sent out an expensive Seiko dress watch for a new battery, it came back totally dead. Took it to Australia for a professional opinion, can't be repaired. I'd go abroad.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic