i pod battery

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

i pod battery

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

My i pod nano 4th generation battery is nearly gone, lasts for about an hour. Apple do not replace batterys and i can,t find anywhere who will replace it SO. I have a nice portable speaker that i sometimes use when travelling. It charges the i pod at the same time as playing music. My question is will my i pod carry on playing if i don,t/can,t get a new battery? ie does the i pod run on mains or does the battery have to be working?
charlie
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: i pod battery

Post by beaker »

you should be able to use it as long as it is plugged in to another power source.

Here is how to replace the battery which are available on eBay:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+Nano+ ... ement/1161

It's a bit difficult to do but if you can't do it there should be someone around that can other than the Apple store.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Thank you, i will try to find somebody who can do it. I am told to be wary of where i get the new battery as many of the ones you can buy online only last a few weeks, apparently its pot luck.
charlie
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

There are original ipod batterys for $10 on up

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro ... y&_sacat=0

You might be hesitant to buy from china but the build them there so they should have original batteries and have free shipping too
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:23 pm Thank you, i will try to find somebody who can do it. I am told to be wary of where i get the new battery as many of the ones you can buy online only last a few weeks, apparently its pot luck.
charlie
I buy all my electronics online the quality is much better than shop owners import to sell here and cheaper.
I have never had a problem.
jimi hendrix
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Thank you, i will take a punt on a battery through the link you sent. All i need to do now is find somebody who will fit it here in london. One shop i tried said they can do it but won,t in case they fuck it up. Would i find somebody in cambodia? i may be coming over at the end of the year. Its no big thing but i don,t want to buy a new one, £150 plus and has loads of bells and whistles that i don,t need, all i want is a music player.
cheers
charlie
truenorth
Tourist
Canada

Post by truenorth »

I repair mine by purchasing a third party battery and following the ifixit guide.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic