Training schools

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Training schools

Post by Duncan »

There are plenty of schools and university's around , but where are all the tec training schools that those students can go to after they have finished a uni education.. Do they just grab a Cambodian with a drivers license to operator a tower crane on a building site, moto-dops to instal high voltage lines, and what about all the people working in the new AEON mall, . Where are they trained for their jobs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Training schools

Post by Duncan »

I asked these guys , and they said their job is to regulate an inform the factories and businesses of the government rules and regulations.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Looks like another do-nothing government agency. Kind of like the Tourist Office (building) down from the small market in Snooky. How can you serve the tourists when your not in a tourist area, no one knows your open for business and you keep strange hours? The department of redundancy department.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sailorman wrote:Looks like another do-nothing government agency. Kind of like the Tourist Office (building) down from the small market in Snooky. How can you serve the tourists when your not in a tourist area, no one knows your open for business and you keep strange hours? The department of redundancy department.
You're missing the point: if you can't be found, you don't need to work.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I suggested a similar idea at a previous NGO where I used to work to hire experts in agricultural and farming sectors to train the staff and village people where the rural people are clearly lacking. Nope! They clung onto their so called sustainable projects i.e. pig farmings and the alike which none of the staff have a clue about, and the stubborn Pinoy motherfuckers think they know it all since they are in charge! Fast forward to 3 years later absolutely nothing to show for....I guess the frequent travels to Madrid and Barcelona are more effective. What a waste of $100 millions plus dollars!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

There may be a few NGOs that do good, but I see very few. Here in Snooky I had a friend who lived on a side street. Across from his house is a really big house (almost palace), with a brand new $$$ vehicle outside. Its the residence of some religious NGO. Seems like all that high living could have been spent better on the poor people. (Head of said NGO got mad when my friend refused to make a money contribution to the NGO.)
BTW/ Last year I tried to volunteer to teach firefighting techniques to local fireman around Snooky, this through an Australian firefighting NGO. Even though they said I had the qualifications, they said no thanks. (guess I was getting in their rice-bowl.)
After watching the fire at the Monkey Republic its probably lucky just about every building is made out of concrete.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I have seen a tech school advertising on the Khmer channel, training mechanics electricians/electronics guys etc.

Don't know where it is.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Dermadone223344
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dermadone223344 »

:shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic