Kampot Tattooists Feud over Dick-Shaped Fish

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Tattooists Feud over Dick-Shaped Fish

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am The one thing that business owing expats in Kampot don't like, in particular, would be the detritus of Siahnoukville showing up there with their ice head ho's in tow.

I find their naiveness amusing. They better buckle up as they are in for a serious roller coaster ride.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Kampot is the new SV
kampot is a place where nothing ever happens
ever
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

flb, please censor your post, nothing has a negative association
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

here is the latest soon to be deleted post from KNB
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am The one thing that business owing expats in Kampot don't like, in particular, would be the detritus of Siahnoukville showing up there with their ice head ho's in tow.

I find their naiveness amusing. They better buckle up as they are in for a serious roller coaster ride.
Funny enough, many Kampotians including business owners are Sihanoukville and particularly Koh Rong ‘detritus’ themselves, not so much with the ho's but moreso the drugs.
Not to mention many Sihanoukville business owners were quite naive in their business approach the last few years.
newtons3rd
Tourist
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by newtons3rd »

Cam Nivag, To promote the notion, as you do, that the non-reporting of abuse can be justified on the basis of it being too much trouble and that because of police corruption and inefficiency, there is no point in reporting abuse anyway; ranks up there as one of the most irresponsible comments I've come across. There are a lot of organisations working very hard in this country to prevent child abuse who will, I presume, agree with that view. I'll check it out.
Prahocapalypse, you know and I know and all decent-minded people in Kampot know that the only abuse Marchetta witnessed was her abuse of me. Yet, in your desperate need to be part of a gang, your pitiful need for approval, you sacrifice your own moral compass, you sell your soul to the devil. You use the classic tools of the abuser; divert, cloud the issue, blame the abused; obviously without reference to right and wrong and obviously without consideration for the kind of society you're helping to create.
There is another tool of the abuser and it's called projection; it's to accuse others of our own criminal acts. Just yesterday, I got information, from a very reliable source, that both yourself and Hannah Marchetta had been involved in the abuse of a 7 yr. old in Tantrei guest house and that the evidence for that is to be found in images stored on your computer. You now stand accused of pedophilia. That, you idiot, is what your behaviour leads to. For your own sake I suggest, in Catholic parlance, that you take time out to examine your conscience.
My final word on the matter. Hannah Marchetta is beside the point, there always have been and I guess, there always will be Hannah Marchettas; bitter people who will bear false witness. The harm, in this case, is not Marchetta's utterance, the harm is done in the circulation of that utterance and the management of it once it's in the public arena. Kampot Noticeboard's culpability in this matter is beyond question. Like it or not, Kampot Noticeboard is the primary medium for the sharing of community information in Kampot. When those who are entrusted with the administration of that medium are shown to act with callous disregard for honesty, for right and wrong; it's time, I suggest, that people who want a community based on justice and decency start looking for alternatives.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

newtons3rd wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm When those who are entrusted with the administration of that medium are shown to act with callous disregard for honesty, for right and wrong; it's time, I suggest, that people who want a community based on justice and decency start looking for alternatives.
Didn't they just delete the whole thread, including her claims against you, because it was gossipy expat on expat personal accusations? They often do that, it's probably not because they hate you or disbelieve you, specifically.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sometimes i wish we could do that here.
but it is a forum
just keeping the spam down is a lot of work; much less trying to be the hanging judge of a kangaroo court.
something we try to avoid
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

people will air their dirty laundry publicly though, and if it is published elsewhere it is pretty difficult for us here at ceo to investigate the truth or lies of any given event.
we are not like the godlike and omniscient thaivisa staff.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"we are not like the godlike and omniscient thaivisa staff."

True, but on occasion one does witness a mod exhibiting what Cotton Mather called, " the stormy North side of God."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic