Malaysia Airlines the Sequel

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Malaysia Airlines the Sequel

Post by vladimir »

Yes, the removal of Yanukovich was, strictly speaking, illegal.

But he had also harassed his opponents, including the woman who was his closest competitor, forget her name.

I really think Putin is doing this to make the US think twice before sending McCain/Kerry into a region to make provocative speeches again.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:Yes, the removal of Yanukovich was, strictly speaking, illegal.

But he had also harassed his opponents, including the woman who was his closest competitor, forget her name.

I really think Putin is doing this to make the US think twice before sending McCain/Kerry into a region to make provocative speeches again.
Reread my post on it... it wasn't, strictly speaking, illegal. It was, via a loophole, perfectly legal... because they didn't impeach him, only declared that he had abandoned his post and so a new election should be held to fill it. Had they tried to impeach him, THAT would have been illegal.

His full abandonment of his duties (he dumped all of his documents in a lake, slapped some stuff in a bag, and slipped out in the middle of the night) is what got him ejected... meaning he'd already removed himself of his own accord, and they had a country that needed a president.

I think Putin is doing this because he misses the USSR and wants to get the band back together.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yes, but he was in mortal danger, so he was forced to leave.

He would never have left otherwise, that's why many people consider his removal illegal.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:Yes, but he was in mortal danger, so he was forced to leave.

He would never have left otherwise, that's why many people consider his removal illegal.
They had already negotiated a cease fire. THEN he ran off... after he had achieved a temporary peace for more negotiations/etc. Doesn't sound like he was in much danger...

He left his country with no one who had the power to restore order... no one with the authority to sort things out. Left unchecked that would have been a complete fall into full anarchy. When called to come back or resign so things could be fixed, and he (supposedly) agreed to do so, then changed his mind (likely at Putin's pressure).

I've seen no real evidence that he was in any kind of imminent danger.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

OrangeDragon wrote:
vladimir wrote:Yes, but he was in mortal danger, so he was forced to leave.

They had already negotiated a cease fire. THEN he ran off... after he had achieved a temporary peace for more negotiations/etc. Doesn't sound like he was in much danger...

He left his country with no one who had the power to restore order... no one with the authority to sort things out. Left unchecked that would have been a complete fall into full anarchy. When called to come back or resign so things could be fixed, and he (supposedly) agreed to do so, then changed his mind (likely at Putin's pressure).

I've seen no real evidence that he was in any kind of imminent danger.
Orange its an overthrow...its an arab spring un Ukraine its all about the natural gas...go back and read my first post on who is now head of the gas company in Ukraine.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I don't know, OD, rich, corrupt people generally don't decide to leave their money machines for nothing.

In his mind, he was definitely in danger.

To put it in perspective, could you imagine certain local people just packing up if they thought everything was still sustainable?

NO.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:I don't know, OD, rich, corrupt people generally don't decide to leave their money machines for nothing.

In his mind, he was definitely in danger.

To put it in perspective, could you imagine certain local people just packing up if they thought everything was still sustainable?

NO.
Well, one of the things the protesters were demanding was investigation into corruption... he likely felt more like he was going to get busted and go to jail. Thus why he dumped all of his documents into the lake... to hide the paper trail. Fleeing to avoid investigation/arrest is much more likely than fleeing for his life in that situation.

Add Jay: The effect of this change was of course a more west friendly government, and how better to make your government a little more secure than to employ the kid of an american politician or two in it... however that doesn't actually indicate that the american politicians forced the change. in fact, it's much more likely that the EU pushed it through than america.... but when it came down to it, the people were the ones who made it happen. they were fed up with the status quo, for good reason, and wanted to see a change. They pressured for change, he saw the change coming and knew once it did he'd be in trouble, and ran. Those who remained had to do something to keep the country from melting down in his absence, and did.

i know, you've got your tin hat all folded up and just HAVE to wear it on anything the US is at all involved in... but not everything in the world is a conspiracy.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And here is what Russia is telling it's citizens:
Malaysia Air Flight 17 was full of corpses, not live passengers when it took off from Amsterdam
http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1809353

MH17 moved off the standard flight path that it had taken every time before

Dispatchers summoned the plane lower just before the crash
http://lifenews.ru/news/136892

It was the result of the Ukrainian military mistaking MH17 for Putin’s presidential plane
http://lifenews.ru/news/136833

MH17 was all part of an American conspiracy to provoke a big war with Russia. MH17 is actually MH370, that Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared into the Indian Ocean. The plane didn’t disappear at all, “it was taken to an American military base, Diego-Garcia.”
http://news2.ru/story/416696/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

That last one makes a great conspiracy movie storyline.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

MH370 taken to Diego-Garcia? Not a chance, Shot down by aircraft protecting Diego-Garcia, a chance, but slim. I spent some time at Diego-Garcia and would peddle a bike by the end of the BIG runway with places for bombers. Also at the end of the runway is a building with a low-boy truck trailer next to it with nuke symbols on the doors. It was an open secret that there are nukes there, even though its Brit property leased by the US. After that, down the road where bunker after bunker of bombs. I was on an 880ft ship anchored in the lagoon and it was full of bombs.

Great fishing there as no one except those that the US and Brit want there can come close to Diego. BTW/ All the bombs that were on the ship I was on were dropped on Iraq. Half from B-52s in Diego, half from planes in sandland.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic