Rob's New TEMPLAR BAR on Riverside Opening Soon!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Rob's New TEMPLAR BAR on Riverside Opening Soon!

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:Name one bar owner that fits that description...they are all Christian Missionary front organizations - the hostess bars - every one of 'em...ask Stroppy - he never lies...
I have missed you, brother.
Hey, maybe you should take my suggestion seriously...have a glass with the sinners and open "the conversation"...all the girls should be "covert converts".

It could work! God knows (bad pun I know) there are peeps who need saving - maybe even me...but there has to be a draw for the sinners and that's where the girls come in (modestly dressed of course - a synthesis of hooker mash up meets hardcore Amish mixed with beach volleyball)...

Possible names for the bar?
There was an American cult that did something like that decades ago, the girls used "flirty fishing" (their term, not mine) to "hook" new cult members.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I will leave you with this- Judge not unless yee be judged ( Did I get it, Stroppy?) :D
Nicely put, SQUF!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:Name one bar owner that fits that description...they are all Christian Missionary front organizations - the hostess bars - every one of 'em...ask Stroppy - he never lies...
Hey, maybe you should take my suggestion seriously...have a glass with the sinners and open "the conversation"...all the girls should be "covert converts".

It could work! God knows (bad pun I know) there are peeps who need saving - maybe even me...but there has to be a draw for the sinners and that's where the girls come in (modestly dressed of course - a synthesis of hooker mash up meets hardcore Amish mixed with beach volleyball)...

You need to drop this love affair with Stroppy's religion. I am a very open Atheist and I met Stroppy and Mrs. Stroppy a few weekends back and they were probably some of the most well-adjusted people I have met whom are living in Phnom Penh. Not ONCE did religion or any sort of reference to it get brought up during the entire night. We did have a few drinks and enjoy a comedy show with some other CEO Members. I would enjoy hanging out with them again. You on the other hand Dagenham....well, I don't know too many people who would probably enjoy spending time with you.

A- You seem a bit off your fucking rocker, but that doesn't bother me
B- You're kind of a cunt. That bothers me
C- See B

Let it go, please.

I will leave you with this- Judge not unless yee be judged ( Did I get it, Stroppy?) :D

And also- Congrats on the new bar Robbie, sorry to go off a bit here. I wish you all the best in your new operation.
Brother, it was obviously a good-natured jest...I knew he wouldn't take it seriously...but you certainly did...you don't sound quite so open? Hmmm...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

There was an American cult that did something like that decades ago, the girls used "flirty fishing" (their term, not mine) to "hook" new cult members.
That was "Children of God" and, now, they were truly twisted. Church of Christ is relatively benign next to those zealots. They were a strange group indeed - I think that they are disbanded now?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

dagenham wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

You need to drop this love affair with Stroppy's religion. I am a very open Atheist and I met Stroppy and Mrs. Stroppy a few weekends back and they were probably some of the most well-adjusted people I have met whom are living in Phnom Penh. Not ONCE did religion or any sort of reference to it get brought up during the entire night. We did have a few drinks and enjoy a comedy show with some other CEO Members. I would enjoy hanging out with them again. You on the other hand Dagenham....well, I don't know too many people who would probably enjoy spending time with you.

A- You seem a bit off your fucking rocker, but that doesn't bother me
B- You're kind of a cunt. That bothers me
C- See B

Let it go, please.

I will leave you with this- Judge not unless yee be judged ( Did I get it, Stroppy?) :D

And also- Congrats on the new bar Robbie, sorry to go off a bit here. I wish you all the best in your new operation.
Brother, it was obviously a good-natured jest...I knew he wouldn't take it seriously...but you certainly did...you don't sound quite so open? Hmmm...
I thought I was being nice about it all by calling you "kind" of a cunt... versus a full-fledged cuntling.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Sir Quality...think about it a bit more, Mate. Stroppy loves me! More than anyone else on this board, I think.

Why? I posted a lot about religion. Simple. He loves threads on Christianity - no matter the actual content - it's opening the discussion that excites him. Understandably, his job is being a missionary.

Any effective missionary will never bring up religion as a topic, especially in a new relationship. That's obviously the best way to alienate people - much better to be a "regular dude", warm, friendly, etc. That is the very definition of Stroppy from all accounts. We haven't jousted yet in the flesh...yet...

Careful, Stroppy is very very good...you just might be wearing a cross...soon...ha!
Last edited by dagenham on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

So back on topic, this is Rob from Caver's new bar? What kind of bar is it? Hole in the wall bar? Hostess bar? Restaurant? What exactly is it's business plan?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:Sir Quality...think about it a bit more, Mate. Stroppy loves me! More than anyone else on this board, I think.
(Psst, dages... just between you and me, mate, I'm actually sleeping with one of the other CEO posters. You're cute and all, but not going to happen.) Good post, dagenham, I still have that voucher for a free Mekong baptism for you.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Has anyone been to the bar/can give us the opening hours?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:So back on topic, this is Rob from Caver's new bar? What kind of bar is it? Hole in the wall bar? Hostess bar? Restaurant? What exactly is it's business plan?
I'm not sure, but here's a little more info from Facebook.

vladimir wrote:Has anyone been to the bar/can give us the opening hours?
Not sure, and it's not open yet. A few more weeks is what he told me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic