Russian naval ships arriving for 6 day visit; Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Russian naval ships arriving for 6 day visit; Sihanoukville

Post by vladimir »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 pmWhile we were accompanying SHV French school kids to visit a military ship last year, a Russian bigger one was moored on the same quay. I remember seeing so many cases of beers being hauled aboard that I wondered if it wasn’t a freighter in disguise.
Russian beer tastes like CCCP
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 pm See! Look how awesome they look! Thanks CEO :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW :bow:

And the bubble bursts :facepalm:

Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Now you’re getting kinky...

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

On a more serious note...

What’s Behind the Russian Warship Visit to Cambodia?
By Prashanth Parameswaran
November 08, 2017
On Tuesday, a squadron from Russia’s Pacific Fleet arrived in Cambodia for what officials termed an unofficial visit. The engagement brought into focus both the defense ties between the two countries as well as Moscow’s role in Southeast Asia more broadly.

Russian ship visits around the region in general and in Cambodia in particular are nothing new. Russia and Cambodia have had diplomatic relations for decades. The defense side of ties had been slower to develop, relatively speaking. That said, there have been a number exchanges, dialogues, and visits, including ship visits. Indeed, in April last year, the Russian Pacific Fleet paid a four-day visit to Sihanoukville Autonomous Port at Preah Sihanouk province.

Of late, however, such ship visits have been given a higher profile by Moscow and, to a degree, by regional states. As I have noted before, the ship visits around the region are part of a broader trend underway in the region where Russia under Vladimir Putin – ambitious abroad and increasingly isolated from the West — has been looking to boost its presence in the Asia-Pacific, including in Southeast Asia, over the past few year...
https://thediplomat.com/2017/11/whats-b ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

How DARE a country other than the US seek to increase influence in Asia! How DARE they! :)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ImageImage
Sihanoukville - the evening of 10 November 2017, HE Admiral Tea Vinh navy commander and General Secretary of the National Committee for maritime security and HE the governor of Sihanoukville, and many other local dignitaries attended a dinner in honor of the visiting Russian naval boats.
A good time was had by all.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

So is the square full of Russian semen
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 pm See! Look how awesome they look! Thanks CEO :)
Men in white for you. Because it's Christmas. Merry Xmas Roz.

Preah Sihanouk Province - Commander of the Royal Cambodian Navy Reconstruction Department (25.12.2017) at the closing ceremony of Marine Corps Marine Training 2017 !!!!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm How DARE a country other than the US seek to increase influence in Asia! How DARE they! :)
[/quote]
was that a typo? shouldn't it be
How DARE a country other than the CHINA seek to increase influence in Asia! How DARE they! :)
America and EU have sero influence here, they do not dole out enough aid to pay for coffee.
Its only a baby ship. I remember when a yank aircraft carrier arrived in Pattaya and town was emptied of girls in about 1 hour, but I think they have 6000 semen (yes I know ho w to spell) on an aircraft carrier
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:02 pm
vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm How DARE a country other than the US seek to increase influence in Asia! How DARE they! :)
was that a typo? shouldn't it be
How DARE a country other than the CHINA seek to increase influence in Asia! How DARE they! :)
America and EU have sero influence here, they do not dole out enough aid to pay for coffee.
Its only a baby ship. I remember when a yank aircraft carrier arrived in Pattaya and town was emptied of girls in about 1 hour, but I think they have 6000 semen (yes I know ho w to spell) on an aircraft carrier
[/quote]

I look behind those facts and ask why so many men on board. Maybe it's cause they have old technology , like manual labour, whereas the Chinese and Russians have more modern ships where everything is automated.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic