Australian woman's GoFundMe alleges amputation and mistreatment in Phuket hospital

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Australian woman's GoFundMe alleges amputation and mistreatment in Phuket hospital

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 pm Q1: if she can afford such an expensive university, why is she whining about medical costs/why doesn't she have medical insurance?

Q2: If she has the dosh, why did she not have a relevant driving licence?

Q3: if she has /is getting an expensive education, wtf is she writing like a retard on the internet?
1: modern entitlement ailment
2: most people don’t care about that when renting moppets
3: ask DJ Trump
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Australian woman's GoFundMe alleges amputation and mistreatment in Phuket hospital

Post by John Bingham »

vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Q3: if she has /is getting an expensive education, wtf is she writing like a retard on the internet?
If you meant this:
It was her cousin writing like a retard.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

vladimir wrote:Q1: if she can afford such an expensive university, why is she whining about medical costs/why doesn't she have medical insurance?

Q2: If she has the dosh, why did she not have a relevant driving licence?

1. Australian university fees can be deferred and paid back via income tax once you earn above AUD $52,000 p/a, and full time students are eligible for a study stipend of ~$400/w (iirc) for living expenses. That barely covers rent in a shitty sharehouse, let alone $100 for insurance while scooting around Thailand with a $300 Airasia special.

2. Motorcycle licenses cost at least $700 and require multiple days of instruction and testing. If you don't have or don't plan to get a bike in Australia, you simply wouldn't get a bike licence.

3. She's from Queensland.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm3. She's from Queensland.
OK, you got me! :D

I hear Adelaide is full of clowns, too, LOL
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm full time students are eligible for a study stipend of ~$400/w (iirc) for living expenses.
Do they? I doubt it's that much. that's much higher than unemployment benefits and almost as much as pensions. After tax it would also be close to a minimum wage job.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Digg3r wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm full time students are eligible for a study stipend of ~$400/w (iirc) for living expenses.
Do they? I doubt it's that much. that's much higher than unemployment benefits and almost as much as pensions. After tax it would also be close to a minimum wage job.
Ah maybe that's per fortnight. It's been a long time since I had anything to do with the dhs/centrelink. Definitely not enough to get by on, but I suppose it's not meant to be.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

I hear there is a saffa english teacher in PP who considers himself a highly educated person,to bad only fools get Chinese writing tattooed on their upper arm.. unless you're Chinese of course lol
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 pm
Digg3r wrote:
Ah maybe that's per fortnight. It's been a long time since I had anything to do with the dhs/centrelink. Definitely not enough to get by on, but I suppose it's not meant to be.
Yes it would be $400 per fortnight and they can work part time too around about 30 hrs.
Students finish with a huge hex debt that takes years to repay.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Micmac wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:06 am I hear there is a saffa english teacher in PP who considers himself a highly educated person,to bad only fools get Chinese writing tattooed on their upper arm.. unless you're Chinese of course lol
haha there is evidence of a chinese woman having a random English writing tattoo on her upper arm
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bradman1
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Bradman1 »

and QUT is proud to have her as a future graduate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic