Pharmacopoeia: Assisted Sleeping

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pharmacopoeia: Assisted Sleeping

Post by frank lee bent »

a little opium works well.

I was offered some at GSM by a mad yaba woman- it was legit, but very public so I declined.

Allegedly Lao.

Where would one find such medicine reliably?
djones
Expatriate
Bahamas

Post by djones »

Are you asking for a reliable source of opium?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Some people wrongly think that opium because it's just a plant and natural is safer, but it is MORE addictive than heroin.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Interesting thread. I take a sleeping pill every few months when I've had bad sleep for a few consecutive nights. I'll fore myself to stay awake and not nap, then pop one around 9-10pm. I currently have a single Axprazol (Alprazolam) pill at home. 0.5mg. Worked last time. I've also used Diazepam (so-so for me) and Lexomil (which I think is Bromazepan, so in the Diazepan family). Lexomil works ok but I find the "regular" dosages you read online don't knock me out. I have a friend who never bothered checking dosages and said he sleeps 12 hours with them... I then told him what % of a pill he took (they have 1/4 marks) and he said: "Parts?! I pop three pills" :shock:
He isn't addicted as far as I know.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

StroppyChops wrote:
Digg3r wrote:The generic Cambodian made diazapam is cheap as chips but I prefer Valium since I can trust the quality and dosage.

I wouldn't recommend regular usage.
The list of side effects for regular use is scary.
Main side effects are not being able to give them up and not waking up ever after heavy drinking.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

What about Temazepam? I can't remember the different strengths, but they would knock you out. Dicodin was a much sought after and expensive ish street drug in the UK. If Stilnox is better ( you said more expensive) , then it must be good.

Insomnia- Do you need to stick to rigid hours? Have you thought about just following your own body clock, and ignoring accepted routines. Like polyphasic sleep?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep
steelyRon
Expatriate

Post by steelyRon »

I use Unisom ( Doxylamine succinate ) here in the US. Headed to Cambodia for extended travel in Sept. Anyone know if it is available there?

I've used Zolpidem, but potential side effects scared me off.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I have a friend who never bothered checking dosages and said he sleeps 12 hours with them... I then told him what % of a pill he took (they have 1/4 marks) and he said: "Parts?! I pop three pills" :shock:
He isn't addicted as far as I know.
LOL! So not so much sleeping as comatose...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

UKJ wrote:What about Temazepam? I can't remember the different strengths, but they would knock you out. Dicodin was a much sought after and expensive ish street drug in the UK. If Stilnox is better ( you said more expensive) , then it must be good.
Temazepam, sold as Normison, and Stilnox are the same type of agent (hypnotics) so would have a similar affect, although I haven't tried Temazepam. Seriously don't know if Stilnox is any better, it's just expensive. OD, did you mention Normison elsewhere?
Insomnia- Do you need to stick to rigid hours? Have you thought about just following your own body clock, and ignoring accepted routines. Like polyphasic sleep?
I was polyphasic by choice (as opposed to brain injury!) for the past eight years or so - working full time and studying full time. I'd work, go home and sleep for a couple of hours, study until 3am, sleep, repeat. Having a hell of a time breaking the routine now though, and it's not really practical staying with it. When I was in my late teens I worked shift for a couple of years at a government agency, but the shift pattern rolled backwards (i.e. you lost a half-day of rest each cycle) and this messed with me. A study was done on the impact, outcome was 'not good'.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

what keeps you from falling asleep?
racing heart, racing thoughts..???
or do you wake up at night ?

magnesium is good at night (not oxide),
and melatonin to fall asleep.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic