Is HE Blvd fully opened?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Is HE Blvd fully opened?

Post by kgbagent »

Looking to drive down to Kep and looking at going via Norodom, HE Blvd then road 104 across to 41

Be quicker than going past the airport and NH3 I have heard
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Is HE Blvd fully opened?

Post by epidemiks »

Yes, and that route is quicker, but you'll hit bottlenecks near the start of HS Blvd and at hwy 3 most days anyway. One of the roads between 3 and 41 is atrocious, iirc the one at Kong Pisey. Will​ destroy any time gains and just plain annoying to drive.

If hwy 2 was in better condition, going through down HS Blvd, to hwy 2 through takeo and west at hwy 126 would be quicker. It's a nice drive with some interesting landscapes. Almost zero traffic for the last half.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

A mate took this route the other week - 2hrs 40 to Kpot

You suggesting avoiding Pisey road?

This is what happened when I tried to use HE Blvd - google went around it

rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:45 pm A mate took this route the other week - 2hrs 40 to Kpot

You suggesting avoiding Pisey road?

This is what happened when I tried to use HE Blvd - google went around it

If you use google map for finding routes on mobile device, Waze app is far superior to google maps in SEA. Waze's real time navigation works in Cambodia as well.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm
kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:45 pm A mate took this route the other week - 2hrs 40 to Kpot
If you use google map for finding routes on mobile device, Waze app is far superior to google maps in SEA. Waze's real time navigation works in Cambodia as well.
Installed waze - interestingly it takes me down HE but stays on NH3 - does not cut across to 41
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:07 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm
Installed waze - interestingly it takes me down HE but stays on NH3 - does not cut across to 41
You can select between 3 routes under the routes tab. One shows route through 41, but according to Waze it's shortest but also slowest route.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Normally I have been using 41 cos we go via the gf family house on the other side of NH4 and the road is pretty bloody good - fast and quiet

NH3 is OK once clear the factory traffic but 41 better in terms of traffic

but to get there via the road to airport is a pain until the flyover finished and the bit bet the 3 turnoff and the 41 turnoff is a construction zone as well unless after 8pm

a couple of mates have hired taxis abd they seem to go the SH2 then 3 route

Anyway - will try it on Monday

Cheers
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm assuming you're in a car?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:03 am I'm assuming you're in a car?

Yes mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic