What are you doing for Water Festival?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

What are you doing for Water Festival?

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I am going with the Missus to Sihanoukville for a night before taking off to Koh Rong for 3 nights. First time to any of the islands and I am excited for Koh Rong.

So what are you all doing? :beer3:
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
LTO
Expatriate

Re: What are you doing for Water Festival?

Post by LTO »

I'm going to go to the Water Festival, take some photos, eat some popcorn, maybe try to get a seat with a view in an upstairs balcony bar for the light boat parade.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I am going with the Missus to Sihanoukville for a night before taking off to Koh Rong for 3 nights. First time to any of the islands and I am excited for Koh Rong.

So what are you all doing? :beer3:
Koh Rong? Wouldn't PP be safer than Koh Wrong?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

My guesthouse in Siem Reap's about a minute walk from the central river action so I'm going to join in the festivities. It's been fun watching the boats practice in the afternoon these last couple of days as I walk into town and even that is drawing quite large numbers of spectators.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Very few boats in the city at the moment. In less than a few days time, you will people parading their boats from other districts -- thats when the party begin. My suggestion is to mingle with the locals to get the best out of this experience.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

flying chicken wrote:Very few boats in the city at the moment. In less than a few days time, you will people parading their boats from other districts -- thats when the party begin. My suggestion is to mingle with the locals to get the best out of this experience.
Cheers, thanks for the advice Chicken.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Boring as it might sound, we're planning a couple of quiet days at home with the new addition to the family, crowds are not really our thing.Image
Using Tapatalk
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:. . . crowds are not really our thing.
If you've never experienced a Water Festival, then you'll see more on TV than you would if you actually went down to the riverside. Home is a good place to watch the Water Festival. (All Khmer stations will cover it).
On TV you'll also see why staying at home was a good choice.

:beer3:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Was asked by a few Khmer friends to join them, to the Thai night market at Hat Lek last night. It was very busy at the Cambodian border.
Khmer are allowed to walk over the border into Thailand, open border of sorts for the event. Not for me! I was stopped by Thai immigration. One of the girls even offered to pay the police to let me pass, but it didn't work for the barang. Two of the girls cried, it was a little funny, but immigration was not having any of it. So I went back for a few beers.
The toll bridge at Koh Kong is free now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic