Cool beans cafe and bar for sale

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
Markjosborn
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Cool beans cafe and bar for sale

Post by Markjosborn »

It’s not to hard, when a cup of coffee costs about $0.23 to make
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Markjosborn wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:17 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Maybe I've been harsh.

I mean, it's not as though the location is on quiet street with a huge permanent garbage pile and that streets floods a metre deep multiple times per year, is it?
As of next month the garbage is getting sorted because friends have complained. As for the flood, yes it does ,not 1 meter but that is now started to get work done on st 172 and we’re next.
Also the Hyatt will be finished next year, so that’s even more customers
Yes,yes. Sure :lol:

Basically I was prob too harsh with my 3.5k price, but the reality is that you will be extremely lucky to find somebody willing to pay what you have spent on the place so far plus your deposit.

It looks like you set the place up and have now realised you will never make money there and want to flip it for some BS figure based on . . . nothing you have done there as a business, or ever will do.

If you had a year or two of audited accounts showing a modest profit of $1500/2000 per month then you would be entitled to ask around the $35000/40000 mark, but you don't.

However, there's a sucker born every minute. . .
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm with Jerry. It's esy to justify a price by saying "I spent more than that", but that doesn't give the place it's worth. Let's see:
$35 000 investment which needs to be recouped over two years. You say the lease is extendable: I'm assuming that mean's it can be extended with a slight increase (likely 20-25%, that is, unless the landlord decides otherwise). So that still means one has two years to recoup the money. You're now breaking even. In order to recoup one's 35K investment, they'd need to make over $1k of net profits each month. That's obviously not even counting the salary you'd hope to be making for yourself (hopefully another $1000-2000+). New owners would need to turn around a place that's breaking even, to making an extra $2-3/month... The place is brand new, thus has no goodwill towards it, and competition in the sector is fierce. It's hard to attract investors when the business you're selling isn't actually making money and the lease is so short.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Markjosborn wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:04 am If there is no more demand why is a lot of the current business ex pats, all of them are waiting for the bakery to open because they do not like the current options
Hope the upcoming bakery goes well. Sounds like you knead the dough….
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I hope he at yeast breaks even.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 pm I hope he at yeast breaks even.
If not, he'll be toast.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

He could have it with his e-leavenses
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Markjosborn
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Markjosborn »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

I mean, it's not as though the location is on quiet street with a huge permanent garbage pile and that streets floods a metre deep multiple times per year, is it?
As of next month the garbage is getting sorted because friends have complained. As for the flood, yes it does ,not 1 meter but that is now started to get work done on st 172 and we’re next.

Basically I was prob too harsh with my 3.5k price, but the reality is that you will be extremely lucky to find somebody willing to pay what you have spent on the place so far plus your deposit.

It looks like you set the place up and have now realised you will never make money there and want to flip it for some BS figure based on . . . nothing you have done there as a business, or ever will do.

If you had a year or two of audited accounts showing a modest profit of $1500/2000 per month then you would be entitled to ask around the $35000/40000 mark, but you don't.

I do not want to sell, I have the will to continue.
But as I said, if you read the first part properly. My wife is now pregnant and starting a business is not as much a priority as my first child.
Family will always come first.
As for hoping for profits. At the moment we are now 2 days into this month and I have half the rent, so it’s not a issue of making money it’s a issue of family first.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Markjosborn wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:53 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

I do not want to sell, I have the will to continue.
But as I said, if you read the first part properly. My wife is now pregnant and starting a business is not as much a priority as my first child.
Family will always come first.
As for hoping for profits. At the moment we are now 2 days into this month and I have half the rent, so it’s not a issue of making money it’s a issue of family first.
That is good! If it carries on at that rate. $7.500 per month. It maybe worth you reconsidering and get someone to run it. Giving you time with your new family and having an income for them too.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Markjosborn
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Markjosborn »

It is something we are talking about, every month is better and now it’s coming up the busy season. I have been told by our neighbor, who owns a restaurant that I have done it right and I should stay.
But being our first child we both do not know how easy it will be to have a new business and child.
But at the end of the month we will decide if we have no offers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic