Wedding without gold?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Re: Wedding without gold?

Post by Céline »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm Same here. Get the itches and rash when wearing rings and metal watch bands for a day or so. The cheap stuff, gold plated over nickel is much worse. Just tell them you have a bad skin reaction to metals in general.

Or maybe just wear wooden jewelry painted to look like gold?
As far as i experienced i only get a skin reaction for nickel. The other metals make me sick, but i dont have any visual reaction.
Do you have an idea what i can do for the belt? Is there a wooden belt that looks like the metal one?

I'm not the only one who has this kind of problem. Some also say its a metal phobia.
🇰🇭💓
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

Aurophobia is the fear of gold. The main symptom of aurophobia is panic attacks, although different symptoms can suffer different symptoms, like fast breathing, nausea, irregular heartbeat, and slow breathing.
No one could say you were ever a gold digger
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

Khartoum wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 am
Aurophobia is the fear of gold. The main symptom of aurophobia is panic attacks, although different symptoms can suffer different symptoms, like fast breathing, nausea, irregular heartbeat, and slow breathing.
No one could say you were ever a gold digger
Haha, I'm certainly not^^
I never want my bf to pay me something. He doesn't have any money. He is a student just like me.
🇰🇭💓
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic