Haunted Room?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Haunted Room?

Post by flying chicken »

Some of you may know that I recently moved. A few times in the middle of the night while sleeping I felt cold so I woke up to grab the folded blanket below my feet; that's when I saw my daughter sitting up silently mimicking and playing by herself and totally ignoring me.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Haunted Room?

Post by vladimir »

A flying chicken sees a ghost?

Were you playing peck-a-boo?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Your daughter might just have had an episode of somnambulism (sleepwalking/talking).
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I have experienced a haunted house in Java. Get the boys from the Pagoda- they will sort it out.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

frank lee bent wrote:I have experienced a haunted house in Java. Get the boys from the Pagoda- they will sort it out.
The locals have this belief too, but I don't really buy into it, and if I do it I think it will set me back at least 20 bucks.

Again, I sense some sort of disturbance while sleeping last night, and I dont think I am a paranoia kind of person. I think my best option is to move out when I can afford to.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Felt cold? In the middle of the hot season I think I'd appreciate having a ghost that provided free air-conditioning for my house.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Haha, wish it was like that. But the coldness that I experienced was abnormal, I didnt even realize it until the next morning. It was kind of feet, hand, spine and chest cold which happened a few times. The wife siblings sleeping on the floor they didnt feel nothing apart from me and the strange baby daughter.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Got any circulation problems, FC?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

LTO wrote:Felt cold? In the middle of the hot season I think I'd appreciate having a ghost that provided free air-conditioning for my house.
Hot season is in July now?
I thought it was the rainy season.
Scarier than malaria.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

ali baba wrote:Hot season is in July now?
I thought it was the rainy season.
The two are not exclusive of each other. I consider Cambodia as having 4 seasons: hot/dry; hot/wet; cool/wet; cool/dry.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic