TOF (Scobienz Sells Khmer440 Expat Forum)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: TOF (Scobienz Sells Khmer440 Expat Forum)

Post by General Mackevili »

....And Khmer440 is down again....

Miguelito posted that the current attack was done by someone with "inside knowledge," but it seems they haven't sorted it out yet, as they are offline yet again.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

From the horse's mouth:
Miguelito wrote:As you're all aware, the site is undergoing a denial of service attack. Because the attacker appears to have inside knowledge of certain technical settings we use, our initial actions to stop the attacks were only partly successful. Once we realized exactly how the attack was managing to get through, we were able to take steps to neutralize it. Due to some of the steps we had to take, you may be asked to provide extra authentication, and if you refresh a page a zillion times or try to open a lot of posts in rapid succession, you may be temporarily blocked. Blame the jerk behind the attacks, not us. 

As for Tapatalk, we have no control over it, and the Tapatalk extension is still installed. It is possible that when the attack subsides and we relax some of the restrictions, it may resume working. It is also possible that you will need to remove Khmer 440 from Tapatalk and then add it back in.

As I mentioned before, if you have any issues just try clearing you cache and see if that works. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding.
UPDATE: Miguelito has changed his stance about it being an inside job, and Buscador, their IT guy, made a statement...

Miguelito changed this:
Miguelito wrote:Because the attacker appears to have inside knowledge of certain technical settings we use, our initial actions to stop the attacks were only partly successful.
To this:
Miguelito wrote:Because the attacker appeared at the time to have inside knowledge of certain technical settings we use (but we've found out that wasn't the case) our initial actions to stop the attacks were only partly successful.
And Buscador on the matter:
Buscador wrote:The latest short outage revealed a configuration error that I missed (I'm not the one who set it up originally, but I probably still should have caught it yesterday.) Hopefully the holes are all plugged now, but we'll see. This also means that our previous comment that the attacker had to be someone with inside information was incorrect. It could have been anyone.
That's it. They're back online and its gone from "it was someone with inside knowledge" to "it could have been anyone" in about an hour, LoL. :facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i feel sorry for all the accused, everyone seems to get a serve.
i think maybe someone was playing around with the site settings- some fiverr contractor or the like.
Locked Previous topicNext topic