Phnom Penh City Bus

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Manga
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phnom Penh City Bus

Post by Manga »

I have noticed that the bus #2 no longer operates (along Mao Tse Toung) and instead there is a bus #5.

Does anyone know what happened to the #2 service ?

Also, where can I find information on where the #4 and #5 routes go ?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh City Bus

Post by rogerrabbit »

Manga wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm I have noticed that the bus #2 no longer operates (along Mao Tse Toung) and instead there is a bus #5.

Does anyone know what happened to the #2 service ?

Also, where can I find information on where the #4 and #5 routes go ?
#2 runs still. From Takhmau to Borey Penghuoth in Toul Kork.

#5 goes from Aeon Mall to Aeon Mall II via Institute of Technology of Cambodia.

#4 not totally sure. I think there are lines 4a, 4b and 4.

If you have smartphone download app called StopsNearMe. Should be available both on Android and iOS. It shows all the lines & stops.
Manga
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Manga »

This is all confusing. You are saying that the #2 bus still runs along Mao Tse Toung and terminates at the night market ?
I have waited 45 minutes for a #2 bus on Mao Tse Toung and none came, only three #5 buses.

I don't have a smartphone. Is there a website where I can get route information from ?
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

No.

The #2 bus no longer runs up Mao Tse Tong. It appears to go up/down Norodom instead.

To get the #2, you need to take the #5 to Aeon Mall 2 and change there to go back towards Wat Phnom. Alternatively, you can get off at the Institute of Public Health and walk about 1 km up to the Toul Kork antenna and pick up the #2 there. Note that no busses stop at the night market by the Riverside any more, so if that was your destination you'll need to walk several hundred meters from Wat Phnom or central market

Everything has completely changed, but the app suggested above is actually very helpful. It's worth borrowing someone's Android phone so you can see the new routings.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Manga wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:51 pm This is all confusing. You are saying that the #2 bus still runs along Mao Tse Toung and terminates at the night market ?
I have waited 45 minutes for a #2 bus on Mao Tse Toung and none came, only three #5 buses.

I don't have a smartphone. Is there a website where I can get route information from ?
Sorry, I didn't mean the #2 runs same route. Monomial explained better.
And no, there is no website (or paper map) available as far as I know. The app is the only where you can find route information.
Manga
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Manga »

Thanks for all your help.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

I saw busses marked 7A and 7B going up and down st. 598 yesterday. They looked much older than the new Chinese busses on the existing 5 routes. From the directions they were going it looked like the route took them down st. 271.

Does anyone know anything about these routes?
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

For anyone following this they have just released a new version of the app above showing the 2 new routes. I have to say they are covering much more of the city than they used to, but the old routings were much more convenient.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

monomial wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:51 pm For anyone following this they have just released a new version of the app above showing the 2 new routes. I have to say they are covering much more of the city than they used to, but the old routings were much more convenient.
Link please.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

GooglePlay

Search for StopsNearMe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic