Discover the places where it is prohibited to take pictures

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It is always a good idea to inform yourself before travelling. There are many places where visitors are not allowed to take a photo. Those who dare to challenge these laws could face anything from a fine to a prison sentence. However, there are always those courageous few willing to break the law and photograph the forbidden. Take a look at the images below, which were not all taken with permission!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/t ... hp#image=1
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Discover the places where it is prohibited to take pictures

Post by bangkokhooker »

An article saying it's prohibited to take photos and then shows the areas with a photo and even a photo of a tourist taking a photo of said prohibited place!
Clickbait Andy!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Women, South Korea
Photographing women without their consent is criminal sexual assault in South Korea. It is subject to a large fine or five years in prison. In July 2017 an amendment to the law was voted on in favour of allowing chemical castration of people taking such photographs.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Many countries have restrictions on photographing sensitive religious sites and especially dams and military installations. I got away with taking pictures of the Burning Ghats in Varanasi from a window above, and the Aswan Dam was easy but we were kicked off it after a while. I nearly got beaten up for trying to take pictures from the top of a derelict grain-silo in Zambia, the local guy I was with got a few smacks off the cop who guarded it. It must be very easy to do these shots now with phone cameras, and the tiny spy cameras you can get.
Still, it's best not to take pictures in some places, you could easily end up seriously regretting it.

I admire war-journalists, because if I see people fighting and shooting or chopping each other, the last thing I'm going to do is start getting up close taking photos of them. :shock: 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I managed the same at Varanasi many years ago, by borrowing a small boat, with at a safe distance no one could see. Also the Taj in them days you paid the entrance fee, and a fee for cameras.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I eas arrested in sudan in 1981 for photographing. Thrown in jail for two days till i was realeased.
Having been told by police in more than a few countries not to photograph. When i lived in zaire with the peace corps, my cameras were confiscatef while i was in country
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic