Hotel Restaurant and Bar for Rent

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hotel Restaurant and Bar for Rent

Post by rubberbaron »

The Tamarind in SHV is aiming to rent the hotel restaurant and bar to an experienced cook/chef who can prepare both Western and Asian dishes. The food should be above the regular fare you get in SHV. We are looking to increase our lackadaisical restaurant business. So we need to make it more attractive to our guests. We have a very decent, for SHV above average, occupancy and need to keep the guests in the hotel for their meals. During high season our average stay is more than a week. We are thinking of a basic very low rent and a share of the profits. But the name of the game is the development of the F&B business. PM me if interested. Please refrain from posting any business advice or any uncalled for business assessment you might feel inclined to share here. It is not needed.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Hotel Restaurant and Bar for Rent

Post by vladimir »

lackadaisical
ˌlakəˈdeɪzɪk(ə)l/Submit
adjective
lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.
"a lackadaisical defence left Spurs adrift in the second half"
synonyms: careless, lazy, lax, unenthusiastic, half-hearted, uninterested, lukewarm, indifferent, uncaring, unconcerned, casual, offhand, blasé, insouciant, leisurely, relaxed; More

Put down your Thesaurus, and cook.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

Of course, an irrelevant comment must come from someone who is all over the boards and has nothing else to do here in Cambodia. Smartass English teacher?
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Whatever he is, it still is a very strange (or could it be accurate, just guessing) word to describe your restaurant business.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

rubberbaron wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm Of course, an irrelevant comment must come from someone who is all over the boards and has nothing else to do here in Cambodia. Smartass English teacher?
Jeez, why so serious?

Interesting logic.

If one were to take that to its logical conclusion...only English teachers would make irrelevant comments?

I think, in recent times, your posts far outnumber mine.

Have a

(marvellous, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate; informal super, great, smashing, amazing, amazeballs, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, sensational, incredible, heavenly, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, magic, ace, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spanking, dope, def, phat; informalbrilliant, brill; informalpeachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodacious; informal beaut, bonzer; informal kif, lank;
informal groovy, divine; informal capital, champion, wizard, corking, cracking, ripping, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer; informal swell, keen; literary wondrous; archaic goodly)

day.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Business advice?
Sorry did you say you wanted business advice?
Hire a Chinese chef!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

I knew it wouldn't lead to much to post this on a board. I just gave it a try. Why do people post in business and finance when they (1) probably don't have any money, and (2) can't cook anyway.

I must admit as opposed to the hotel we do run the restaurant/bar business somewhat listlessly, so without much enthusiasm. Therefore, the term might actually be accurate. Obviously the idea behind renting it rather than hiring somebody is that a self-employed person usually works much better. Employees you have to supervise, especially in Cambodia, no matter how much you pay them.

It just always amazes me why people need to pick a post apart semantically when they actually don't have anything else to contribute to the subject matter. Vladimir with his 5000 plus posts on this board and over 25,000, or was it 50,000, should get a life.

As for business advice, another guy whose post is redundant. Didn't it say 'not needed'? And what sage advice it was with thousands of Chinese having migrated to SHV and with a good number of new Chinese restaurants as a consequence.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Glad to be a source of amazement.

SOH indicated.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Ashcroftie wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 pm Whatever he is, it still is a very strange (or could it be accurate, just guessing) word to describe your restaurant business.
Actually it is quite a common word to describe a sub standard restaurant. This is what I got on google :D

Boardwalk Restaurant & Marina: Awful food. Lackadaisical staff
Restaurant La Grappe d'Or: great food, lackadaisical service
GBC Restaurant & Coffeeshop: Lackadaisical
Moksa Restaurant: Good Food, Lackadaisical Service
La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant: Lackadaisical food prep
Mandarin Reading Restaurant: Lackadaisical Service
Bopha Angkor Restaurant: Very average food and lackadaisical service
Crave Restaurant: Lackadaisical service
PappaRich: Beware of the lackadaisical attitude of the chef
Mix La Pineda: Lackadaisical food on a slack season
Blue Ocean Golf Club: Lackadaisical!

The OP obviously doesn't want to be on this list :D
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think Lackadaisical would be a great name for a restaurant

May I have the sole meuniere?

Mmm, let me think about that...wait, I've got an incoming call...later, dude
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic