Welshman to cycle 450kms across Vietnam and Cambodia for charity

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Welshman to cycle 450kms across Vietnam and Cambodia for charity

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

13 October 2017
A MAN will be cycling more than 450 kilometres in six days from Vietnam to Cambodia in memory of his father.

Stephen Speirs, from Old Cwmbran, is raising money for St David’s Hospice Care, who looked after his father in his last few weeks, and has already raised more than £3,000.
He said the trip is run by an organisation called “Charity Challenge” and will be 11 days in total, including the travel time.

Mr Speirs said that they will cycle from Saigon, in Vietnam, to Angkor, in Cambodia. He said they will be leaving on November 11 and will be cycling 52km on the first day, 82km on the second day and, on the third and fourth day, they will be cycling more than 90km each day.

The fifth day will be dedicated to administration for the Cambodia crossing and, on the sixth and seventh day, they will be cycling around 65km a day.
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... is_father/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Re: Welshman to cycle 450kms across Vietnam and Cambodia for charity

Post by rick_o'shea »

No offence, but his efforts are not that impressive.
Just off the top of my head, in my time in Cambodia I've heard of the following charity fundraisers:
And guy walked across the country
A kid ride a cyclo across the country
A guy 'swam' handcuffed for 24 hours

Unless he's recovered from a quadruple bypass, cycling a little bit is quite tame. No doubt he has to raise a minimum 4 figured and pay the organisers a hefty few for guiding him from crummy guest house to fried rice stand, and to have a support vehicle in tow.

Meh.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

agree. big deal :facepalm:
i cycled over 10,000 kms back in 1982/83 throughout se asia
450 kms, don't even need change ur clothes

fifth day will be dedicated to administration for the Cambodia crossing
a full day to deal with immigration :please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 am agree. big deal :facepalm:
i cycled over 10,000 kms back in 1982/83 throughout se asia
450 kms, don't even need change ur clothes

fifth day will be dedicated to administration for the Cambodia crossing
a full day to deal with immigration :please:
I did about 590ks in five days across the Simpson Desert years ago, that was quite tough.

"With the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge being a true blue Australian adventure, it would seem natural that people involved in the SDBC also support a service which any one of us might one day need. So, the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge participants, and the organisation behind the event, Desert Challenge Inc., proudly support the Royal Flying Doctor Service."

"So far we’ve raised nearly $300,000 through rider sponsorships/donations and our End-of-Race Dinner Fundraising Auction."
http://desertchallenge.org/portfolio-vi ... -overview/

Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

There will be people on FB discussing about whether he needs a work permit for this :wink:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Far out you're a tough crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Fuck. I thought I left the middle aged lycra clad fat arse barangs back home.
Bunch of dick wads that lot.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 pm Fuck. I thought I left the middle aged lycra clad fat arse barangs back home.
Bunch of dick wads that lot.
They don't all have fat arses:

As a matter of interest what sort of dick wad are you? :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic