Australian MICHAEL CHARLES NEWLAND Found Dead in Don Bosco Guesthouse in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian MICHAEL CHARLES NEWLAND Found Dead in Don Bosco Guesthouse in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia: On 11 October 2017, an Australian man (Michael Charles Newland) found dead in his room of Don Bosco Guesthouse in Sangkat Lek Pi. The victim was identified as 28 year old Michael Newland, born in Subiaco, Perth, Australia, born on 15-11-1988 coming to Cambodia as a tourist.

A forensic investigation decided that the man died from a heart attack. His dead body is being kept at the Sihanoukville Provincial hospital awaiting the family.

May he rest in peace and condolences to all his friends and family.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Australian MICHAEL CHARLES NEWLAND Found Dead in Don Bosco Guesthouse in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

Too young. RIP.

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Re: Australian MICHAEL CHARLES NEWLAND Found Dead in Don Bosco Guesthouse in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Fuck fuck fuck.

I knew him really well, we worked together a few years back, really nice guy.

Went back to oz to go through uni, he was huge, but lost a ton of weight 'tonnes of fun' was his nickname.

He's been counting down the days to come back to visit, and was enjoying landing in Shitsville a few days ago.

I know they all say this, but he wasn't on drugs (at least from what I saw).

It takes a fair bit to shock me, but shocked and upset I am. A good fellow.

Rip Mike.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Sorry for your loss :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
matias.andres
Tourist

Post by matias.andres »

Michael was a dear friend of mine and I'm absolutely heartbroken about these news. He loved Cambodia and was here on vacation. Even though he was studying full time he still managed to meet his friends, former students and former colleagues. Michael was a sweetheart and he will be missed by all of those that had the pleasure to meet him.

He didn't smoke or do drugs. I know this for a fact.

Please, if you write something remember that his friends and family are looking, trying to make sense of it all.

Rest in peace my friend, I love you
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

wow "heart attack" and only 28, that is far too young to be dying of anything health related, RIP
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
matias.andres
Tourist

Post by matias.andres »

He had had problems with his health before but this came as huge shock to everyone. He left this world from Cambodia, the country he loved dearly
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

RIP and condolences to family
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic