Now Drones are being banned

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Now Drones are being banned

Post by phuketrichard »

First it was drinking on the beach
than it was smoking on the beach
now its flying drones UNLESS they are registered. TOT is trying real hard ti attract new tourists :plus1:
Owners have been given 90 days from Friday to register their drones, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) announced on Wednesday.
NBTC Secretary General Takorn Tantasith said the decision was taken to deal with the rampant use of drones in Thailand, while only 350 are registered with the Civil Aviation of Thailand (CAT).

Takorn said owners of illegal drones should register them at the NBTC headquarters in Bangkok, its branches in many provinces, police stations and CAT offices.
Failure to register them within 90 days from Friday could result in a jail term of not more than five years and/or a fine of not more than Bt100,000 or both.
Takorn emphasised the complete ban on drones in the vicinity of the Royal Funeral of His Majesty the late King which is being held at Sanam Luang from October 25 to 29.
The radius of the ban is 19 kilometres from Sanam Luang that goes as far as the border of Samut Prakarn, Nakhon Pathom and Nonthaburi provinces.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30329068

No idea if ALL drones need be registered or only ones over a certain weight as before Up to 2kg drones were legal. Mavic and phantoms are under 2kg
Was looking at them in Central mall in phuket town and there so many different choices,
love all the action videos being done with them...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Now Drones are being banned

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Richard, how much do you need to pay for a half decent drone that can take pictures? Do you need a special camera?

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 pm Richard, how much do you need to pay for a half decent drone that can take pictures? Do you need a special camera? or do you buy a drone with a camera built in?

charlie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 pm Richard, how much do you need to pay for a half decent drone that can take pictures? Do you need a special camera?

charlie
many now come with cameras and the controller, ( before u added a go pro and used ur tablet) prices ranged from 12,000 baht- 75,000 baht
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

cheers, i will need to work that out in £ or $. Would that give you drone that can take decent pictures?
charlie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 pm Richard, how much do you need to pay for a half decent drone that can take pictures? Do you need a special camera?

charlie
On ebay UK
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... e&_sacat=0

I had a drone, Thought I would bring it to Cambodia with me, I imagined lots of wonderful photo's could be done. Problem is I unpacked it from it's box and followed the instructions how to assemble the drone and the camera.
In no time it was sat on the ground ready for flight. At first all went well. Then the thing decided to look to the ground again, but now with lack of control! The impact was hard. Did the same thing when I was young with model aircraft too.

Now kites I will always enjoy. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm
Now kites I will always enjoy. :hattip:
Got hit by a kite on the beach once. I got knocked to the ground. The kite came out of it without a scratch. :mrgreen:

So when I see birdbrains doing drone-swoops over the beach I wonder when someone is going to hit a kid or something.
I don't think drones should be banned, but droners should do their learner droning where the potential for accidents is minimal.
And some people shouldn't drone, or drive, or play with fireworks. :crazy: Just don't.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm cheers, i will need to work that out in £ or $. Would that give you drone that can take decent pictures?
charlie
The DJI drones have very decent cameras. I have the Phantom 4 Pro which packs a very good camera and is pretty easy to fly (USD 1,800 with a display) . If I were in the market for another drone, I'd get the DJI Mavic (USD 999.00).
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

hanno wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm cheers, i will need to work that out in £ or $. Would that give you drone that can take decent pictures?
charlie
The DJI drones have very decent cameras. I have the Phantom 4 Pro which packs a very good camera and is pretty easy to fly (USD 1,800 with a display) . If I were in the market for another drone, I'd get the DJI Mavic (USD 999.00).
If you want to sell the 4 when you upgrade let me know.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

thanks will look into it when i reurn to London

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic