Clinic/ Hospital Recommendation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Clinic/ Hospital Recommendation

Post by AndyKK »

I know of a few ladies here in koh kong have gone over to Thailand. The last one for a C-section.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Also what’s the process of registering the birth here. I’ve read we have 30 days to go the local sangkat with the paper from the hospital to get a birth certificate
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

A Khmer couple I know having their 3rd are going to Bangkok to have theirs, and have for their first 2, fwiw.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

mcam wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm Also what’s the process of registering the birth here. I’ve read we have 30 days to go the local sangkat with the paper from the hospital to get a birth certificate
Yes, that is correct. Take all documents (certificate of birth from hospital, National ID card, family book and/or carnet de residence, passport with valid visa) to the Sangkat where the mother is registered, official fee is either 10 or 20,000 Riel.

Note: there is absolutely no legal requirement for the parents to be married in order for both names to be included on the birth cert.

Ensure you get the birth cert translated professionally to ensure that all details are correct, if they're not, go back to the Sangkat and get it sorted...rinse & repeat as many times as necessary.

Also...Make sure you apply for your child's citizenship & pp from your home country ASAP.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I just talked with my wife. She spent 5 days in a ward where her mom and I brought food to her when we visited
The total price for each delivery was $40. So for both kids a total of $80. These prices are however 14&13 years old. Our kids are in excellent health to this very day. It certainly wasn't the best of social circumstances, bit the medical care passed muster.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Can I ask what exactly are these “family book and/or carnet de residence”
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

mcam wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 pm Can I ask what exactly are these “family book and/or carnet de residence”
Ask your wife/gf to show you. They're basically a record of the family with everyone's details (DOB, place of birth, date of death, occupation, etc, etc...). Once someone starts their own family, gets married has a kid, then they start their own family book and residency card.

You're obviously not legally married in Cambodia since you have no idea what those documents are. A piece of advice...make sure you get all your admin in order, or else it can make things difficult in the future if there are documents missing, ie. When trying to get Cambodian passports for your gf and/or kids, their National ID when they turn 16, enrolling them in school, etc..

And make sure you apply for your kids citizenship and passport from your native country ASAP! I knew a guy who recently passed away who had failed to obtain his kids citizenship and passports from home, they are grown kids raised in Cambodia, going to be extremely difficult for them to obtain now unfortunately.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Take all documents (certificate of birth from hospital, National ID card, family book and/or carnet de residence, passport with valid visa) to the Sangkat where the mother is registered, official fee is either 10 or 20,000 Riel.
Is it a requirement that it be where the mother is registered, or just for future convenience?

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

As for clinics, we've been going to Khema in 294, and very happy with the ob/gyn and nursing staff.

Kampoul pich and a few others which I can't recall the name of looked fine, if a little tired. 800 was the price we were quoted at Kampoul pich for natural, 1200 for caesar.

There must be two somphop sophea clinics, the good one, and the one for political prisoners, because we were recommended that too, and found it to be as if they'd opened a maternity clinic in an abandoned rat farm. Filthy beyond belief, staff so listless they couldn't even stand while giving us a tour of the dank spiderweb and stained sheet filled corridors.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Take all documents (certificate of birth from hospital, National ID card, family book and/or carnet de residence, passport with valid visa) to the Sangkat where the mother is registered, official fee is either 10 or 20,000 Riel.
Is it a requirement that it be where the mother is registered, or just for future convenience?
Yes. If your missus is from Kampong Bumfuck Nowhere, but lives elsewhere, she can apply for Carnet de residence where you guys live and then register the kids birth there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic