Draft Beer at 7-11

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Draft Beer at 7-11

Post by Anchor Moy »

Fourkinnel wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:24 pm But you can still go in and buy bottles of cheap Gin, Vodka, Whisky, Hong Thong etc. And Cans and bottles of beer out of the fridge. And have been able to for years! They think draft beer is worse for who? The teenagers that buy the bottles of spirits and take them into the nearest KTV?
Silly. You're thinking logical. :twisted: None of this is about health or whatever. Its about $$$$.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Convenience store chain urged to halt draught beer sales
October 09, 2017
By The Nation
Public Health Minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn on Monday urged a large convenience store chain not to sell draught beer. “The sales won’t generate a huge income but will cause many negative impacts,” he said.
He did not identify the chain. However, some social-media posts have revealed that draught-beer machines have already disappeared from some 7-Eleven outlets.
Piyasakol said alcohol consumption was a cause of several health problems.

“We haven’t found any sale of draught beer at convenience stores in foreign countries,” he said.
He added that the Disease Control Department was also looking into whether the sale was a violation of the Alcohol Beverage Control Act.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a minimart on the corner of St 5 and 130 that had a bar last time I went by. Whether they have a toilet or not is more the issue. I regularly drink at a neighborhood beer-shop, it's very basic but it does actually have a toilet. Sometimes I can drink for hours before I need a piss, other times it's more pressing.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

The petrol station at the corner of 488 & 155 has had draught beer for years, at least after dark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic