90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Post by MikeMike58 »

BY MELODY CHIU

Age is nothing but a number for one of the couples featured on the upcoming season of 90 Day Fiancé.

In a video shared exclusively with PEOPLE, fans of TLC’s hit show — which follows couples going through the K-1 visa process — meet David and Annie, who have 24 years between them.

David, 48, is from Louisville, Kentucky and hit rock bottom about three years ago.

Weighing 350 lbs., he split from his wife of 21 years, lost his job, his house and his cars and was “absolutely destitute,” ...

http://people.com/tv/90-day-fiance-seas ... vid-annie/

Ingrid
Tourist
Madagascar

Re: 90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Post by Ingrid »

I see this all to commonly in Bangkok where I teach English in sathorn international, as a 20 something female Caucasian expat I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: 90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Post by Luigi »

Ingrid wrote; '' I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.

Would you please attempt to enlighten us poor downtrodden old sots why this is so wrong in your humble opinion.
Truly interested in your world view on this topic.

FYI; My wife is a third my age. Does that give me a coefficient factor of 1.5 or 2 on your '' how wrong it is scale?
She's ecstatic, I'm happy & wifes family is pleased. Now I will be troubled all the day till I find the wrongness in this arraignment. :stir:
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Ingrid wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 am I see this all to commonly in Bangkok where I teach English in sathorn international, as a 20 something female Caucasian expat I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.
Maybe the woman in America are as condicending and bitter as you?

If you're one of those miserable 20 something females who sneer at any older male barang who happens to look in your direction and particularly one who is with any female Khmer, especially a child because then they must be a peado, then you're in the wrong country or continent love.

I hope your fellow lesbians are a little bit more open.
Ingrid
Tourist
Madagascar

Post by Ingrid »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 am
Ingrid wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 am I see this all to commonly in Bangkok where I teach English in sathorn international, as a 20 something female Caucasian expat I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.
Maybe the woman in America are as condicending and bitter as you?

If you're one of those miserable 20 something females who sneer at any older male barang who happens to look in your direction and particularly one who is with any female Khmer, especially a child because then they must be a peado, then you're in the wrong country or continent love.

I hope your fellow lesbians are a little bit more open.
Well I know all guys and young flock to Bangkok because they simply cannot find a girlfriend in America , that's just disgusting in my books
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Luigi wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 am ...this arraignment.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

:facepalm:

Not sure if serious or troll.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:02 am :facepalm:

Not sure if serious or troll.
:D

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Ingrid wrote:I see this all to commonly in Bangkok where I teach English in sathorn international, as a 20 something female Caucasian expat I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.
As a 40-something Caucasian expat, I say get off your high horse.
Why is it wrong for someone to find love?

I think it's wonderful that Asian women have a different measure of what is attractive and valuable in a partner - I have many lovely male friends in Cambodia who would never have found love in the west.

Each to their own, who they love does not affect your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz wrote:
Ingrid wrote:I see this all to commonly in Bangkok where I teach English in sathorn international, as a 20 something female Caucasian expat I cannot begin to explain how wrong it is for these guys coming here to find women half there age rather than finding a wife in America.
As a 40-something Caucasian expat, I say get off your high horse.
Why is it wrong for someone to find love?

I think it's wonderful that Asian women have a different measure of what is attractive and valuable in a partner - I have many lovely male friends in Cambodia who would never have found love in the west, but have loving, devoted partners here. It's wonderful.

Each to their own, who they love does not affect your life.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic