Security guard at GSM fell from the roof...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Security guard at GSM fell from the roof...

Post by Joker Poker »

Just popped into GSM for a quick beer, okay, 3, and a 'lady' told me that yesterday morning a security guard was told to go up on the roof and do something in relation to the electricity. Story is that he fell to the ground and broke his neck.

Does anyone know if this is factual?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Security guard at GSM fell from the roof...

Post by Digg3r »

Well a security guard may have come from the roof with a broken neck but he most likely didn't fall. Were there hand prints on his back?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Karma, baby!

Hadn't heard that one.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

His name was Jet. He was a really good person.
I think he left a wife with baby.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I don't see how this is karma. More like another case of a poorly paid worker being told to do something outside of list of responsibilities or comfort zone (which anyone sane would have said no to in the west) and dying as a result. I don't know any guards there, but even if you've had a few confrontations with them, just imagine the number of drunken idiots they have to deal with on a daily basis and you'll understand why they might become a bit rough around the edges. Sad that he left behind a wife and kid.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I don't see how this is karma.
After many of my friends and have been robbed and beaten by them with totally immunity, I guess I was glad to finally hear one of them ran into a little trouble in Golden Sorya Mall themselves.

But you're right; I don't even know him.

He might have been going up there to save a stranded kitty or something.

My bad.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic