Going on holiday to North Korea

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Going on holiday to North Korea

Post by AndyKK »

These people went on vacation to North Korea; here's what they found

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/trav ... hp#image=1
Always "hope" but never "expect".
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Going on holiday to North Korea

Post by MikeMike58 »

Wow, sounds like a bona fide utopia! I'm there. Off to change my flight right now.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Oh, they got pizzas! So obviously everything we hear negative about the place must be false right?
Had a friend visit there recently. Said it was Interesting. But he was only allowed certain areas with two people, 1 local commie and the tour guide who was English. No photo's unless approved. Only one channel in English on hotel tv, Al jazeera. Had beer though so all good! :beer3:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

There was a narrow window of opportunity some years ago for tourists to visit NK, and distant associates of mine in the do-good industry went. They were each assigned personal assistants who weren't allowed to let them out of eye-sight except for bathroom breaks. What they (the travelers) later discovered was that the PAs were being taken aside by NK officials and interrogated on everything that was said by either the traveler or the PA, and the PAs were later interned to keep them from discussing the outside world with other NKians. Just like Disneyland, except not at all...

Unrelated, my employer has a son who is active and senior in the SK armed forces. That family is not sleeping well with Laughing Boy in House le Blanc and Rocketman taunting each other.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I spent six years in South Korea and have absolutely NO desire to see the DPRK (or the ROK again).

Korean pizza - sweet potatoes, corn and mayonnaise as toppings. The sour cream on your steak & baked potato is sweet... and strawberry-flavoured... shudder.
:facepalm:
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic