The Party's Over

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

The Party's Over

Post by taabarang »

Mu Sochua has fled Cambodia. For details go to:

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/bre ... g-arrest#i
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: The Party's Over

Post by Anchor Moy »

:thumb: Like your title.
Shame, but it was so predictable since they got rid of SR and KS. The CNRP has been scheduled to leave the electoral stage.
If they have any sense, those in power will leave a few opposition members standing as independents to make it look like there's a choice.
A few western agencies will cry foul.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

HE is taking a chance by being so aggressive in his statements against anyone and everyone he deems a threat at this time. His use of social media may work against him as most young people have access and also have a reasonable understanding of the laws and "constitution" through the 'net. I know some that have spoken about researching why they arrested KS and when thy saw the illegality of the actions they converse with friends on social media also. This is not a colour revolution.
I just think all parties , including foreigners, should be aware of both the blessings and curses of social media in shaping opinions and actions, being aware that once published can always be found. If BS meters are scanning, and they are, then any protests will be traced back to inflammatory rhetoric and incorrect statements made by actors in elevated positions.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

While I will agree in part it begs the question of what possible difference will it make?
If there is no cohesive alternate party to vote for....
And why would they care if all the western world united in condemning the election?

Hey, China says we are on the correct path. Who could want anything Mao?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic