Business Owners & Work Permits Help

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ikoiko
Tourist
Canada

Business Owners & Work Permits Help

Post by ikoiko »

Newbie here. I have a couple questions I hope one of you can answer. iam retiring next year and have been planning to buy a coffee shop in Cambodia. I read today that new business visa laws have come into effect. no more with-out a work permit. I was wondering ,if I buy a business does that qualify as an employer and how to get a work permit. regards
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Business Owners & Work Permits Help

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

-Get E-type visa on arrival, apply for 12 mth EB EOS through agency (no supporting documentation required for first time)
-Register business with appropriate ministries
-Apply for WP online after relevant licenses issued

Simple

There are hundreds of coffee shops...think of an original business idea
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Business Owners & Work Permits Help

Post by monomial »

There are hundreds of coffee shops because coffee shops make money. Find a good location, you can get an Amazon franchise license for as little as $12,000 and you are set.

It all depends on the location.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic