Transport firms targeted in anti-drug drive

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Transport firms targeted in anti-drug drive

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

2 October 2017
The Transport Minister has asked all transport companies to instruct their drivers not to use drugs and to stick anti-drug stickers on their trucks as part of a ministry campaign to curb drug use in the industry.

According to a directive from Transport Minister Sun Chanthol on Friday, the campaign will help reduce traffic accidents caused by the use of illicit drugs.

Mr Chanthol asked transport companies to ensure their drivers are not using marijuana, morphine, heroin, cocaine or crystal meth.

“The ministry strongly hopes that transport company managers will instruct their drivers not to use illicit drugs, drive morally, respect traffic laws and to know about the campaign against illegal drugs,” the directive said...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5084019/tra ... rug-drive/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Transport firms targeted in anti-drug drive

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I only roll in the 18 wheeler while on PCP, so looks like I'm in the clear!
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I hope they don't ban the drivers from using anabolic steroids in case they have an accident and need to flee the scene like Usain Bolt.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm I hope they don't ban the drivers from using anabolic steroids in case they have an accident and need to flee the scene like Usain Bolt.
You meant Ben Johnson I think.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Or that black Gay fellow.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I've sometimes wondered if illegal drugs or shipped as cargo on local buses from one provide to another. It would seem that a securely wrapped package or packages wouldn't arouse much suspicion in the absence of drug sniffing canines.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

^ Shhhhhhh!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic