Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Post by pczz »

Tuk Tuks are awesome. most taxi drivers will not let you smoke and a good tuk will get you there and back faster than a taxi most of the time :Yahoo!:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:19 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 pm
i might have a new number when i get back mate, due to my old sim might have expired by the time i land back in KOW, i still have your number so will give you a text when im back in country mate :thumb:
Anyone know how long the various sim cards stay valid when you're out of the country ? I heard that some will remain operational if you (or someone else) bumps them up (uses the number to call) from time to time ? Otherwise, they get scrapped after 1 month, 3 months ?
i got told 3 months which means i will likely just miss out, shame as i like my number :(
iirc it did used to only be a month before it would be scrapped
It’s based on credit mainly and each credit has a set validity period.

If you can get someone to top it up, or if you can yourself, and it will extend the expiry to well after you return.

It differs from operator, you should be able to find out the validity for each scratch card denomination on the website for the operator you use.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I am with Cellcard and my phone tells me that "Your main balance is US 8.46 valid until 13/12/22."

Although I have not left the country to test it i would think it is valid.

Correct/incorrect????
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Arget wrote:I am with Cellcard and my phone tells me that "Your main balance is US 8.46 valid until 13/12/22."

Correct/incorrect????
Then it should not expire until 2022. Image

I say should as this is still Cambodia and operators in the past have dropped these without notice resulting in people getting cut off earlier than expected.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
i might have a new number when i get back mate, due to my old sim might have expired by the time i land back in KOW, i still have your number so will give you a text when im back in country mate :thumb:
Anyone know how long the various sim cards stay valid when you're out of the country ? I heard that some will remain operational if you (or someone else) bumps them up (uses the number to call) from time to time ? Otherwise, they get scrapped after 1 month, 3 months ?
i got told 3 months which means i will likely just miss out, shame as i like my number :(

If you can get someone to top it up, or if you can yourself, and it will extend the expiry to well after you return.

It differs from operator, you should be able to find out the validity for each scratch card denomination on the website for the operator you use.
i top my phone up with money, then i use the codes off the website to get all the internet deals n shit,
each package lasts 30 day,
but after them 30 days the sim is still valid, i think its 3 months ill have to check again
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

i top my phone up with money, then i use the codes off the website to get all the internet deals n shit,
each package lasts 30 day,
but after them 30 days the sim is still valid, i think its 3 months ill have to check again
If you spend the credit on a package it will have a different validity than if you just left the credit on the phone.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Arget wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 am I am with Cellcard and my phone tells me that "Your main balance is US 8.46 valid until 13/12/22."

Correct/incorrect????
Not sure, but I think if you leave the country, and/or leave your phone unused for a certain period of time - with JL we were guessing 1-3 months - that your phone number and credits will get erased because the phone co assumes you are no longer using their services. They take the money and give your phone no to someone else.
Different companies, different rules. Ask Cellcard what their policy is.

For example if you leave Cambodia now, I'd be surprised if you could still use your cellphone number if you came back here in 2022. Let alone keep your credit lol.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm Tuk Tuks are awesome. most taxi drivers will not let you smoke and a good tuk will get you there and back faster than a taxi most of the time :Yahoo!:
Tuk tuks suck, they are rip-off bastards and I'm going to stop using them as much as possible. Taxis and the new 3 wheelers are the way to go, cheaper and safer.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

safer? have you seen the dents in the taxis! as for the three wheelers they might just fit hand luggage and I think they could be knocked over by a Honda dream. Cheaper? not sure. Cost me $4 from airport to riverside in a tuk I got outside the airport so you can get a bargain if you are up for a bit of bargaining. My friend never pays more than a dollar from 51 to riverside, but he is a scouser :-)
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Why do so many people want a "bargain" trip in a Tuk Tuk. These blokes do this job to make a quid to feed their families. Pay a fair price and always make the price before you get in.
I like Tuk Tuks and take the ones on site at the airport unless they pull the $10 shit. I advise them I live here and if you want the job give me a fair price or I will walk out to the road and get one. they generally back off to $5. Happy to pay $5 - $7.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic