Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm
in Phnom Penh Tuk Tuks are reasonable, and good to get a regular guy
Those Baja style tuk tuks and Taxis working for firms have become far cheaper now than regular tuk tuks, especially if you use an app.
aye thats true, need to get some of their numbers tbh
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm in Phnom Penh Tuk Tuks are reasonable, and good to get a regular guy
in Sihanoukville its a smaller place but Tuk Tuks will try and rip you off no end, unless you find a decent regular
Aren't the tuk-tuk drivers in SNV "unionised" now?
John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 pm Those Baja style tuk tuks and Taxis working for firms have become far cheaper now than regular tuk tuks, especially if you use an app.
I personally haven't used the app yet (for obvious reasons) but a lot of the homestay tenants use them and it seems pretty impressive - you can see where you driver is on their way to your place, and know exactly when they're at the door, and the prices are way, way better than street-side fares. The boys on the side of the road are going to have to do a bit more than get drunk by 9am and play cards all day, interspersed with sleeping it off in the back of the wagon, to attract business.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Certvalue
Tourist
India

Post by Certvalue »

Hello, I am Kranthi Kumar working in Certvalue Company with the position of Marketing Manager. We are the best ISO certification Consultants to provide ISO Certifications in major countries of the world. Such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, India, Oman, Jordan, Dubai, UAE
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Certvalue wrote:Hello, I am Kranthi Kumar working in Certvalue Company with the position of Marketing Manager. We are the best ISO certification Consultants to provide ISO Certifications in major countries of the world. Such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, India, Oman, Jordan, Dubai, UAE
Welcome...
Spoiler:
...and GOODBYE!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

Hi all

Jasper checking in

I've been skulking around for a while now, deciding whether to plump for CEO or 440.

As 440 seems to have more than its fair share of aggressive reactionists, trolls and fucktards, and I really can't be arsed looking at most of the pig-shit brain-rot they post and things seem to be a lot more friendly here, I'll stick with you guys.

I'm a long-time nomad, having lived in China for three years, Thailand for a couple of years, Ibiza for 11 years, Phnom Penh for a year and a few other places here and there.
And no, before you ask, I am not a massive drug baron on the run. Those charges were never proven. :wink:

I've been living in Malaga for nine months, but I can't do another cold European winter (i.e anything under 20 degC) so I'll be arriving in SKV on November 1st with the intention of staying around for at least a year.
I had a quick sniff around there for a few weeks a couple of years ago, so I thought I'd pop back and see for myself how much of a change the Chinese have really made.
The first two guest houses I booked with both cancelled on me because they'd been sold for development, so I guess things have already changed quite a lot!

Providing yet another doesn't get sold off, I'm booked into a GH until mid-November, so during my stay there I'll be trawling the streets looking for an apartment to rent.
If anyone has any contacts or pro tips on where to look online or anywhere else, then please let me know. I'd really appreciate it....especially if it involves telling agents to go fuck themselves.

Much as I enjoy lying on the beach, I've got a couple of businesses I can run online from anywhere with a decent internet connection, so they'll keep me from sitting on a bar stool for 12 hours a day. Maybe. Fingers crossed.

Hope to meet some of you out and about during what is certain to be one of my very, very infrequent bar visits. :chin:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

welcome!
corinne.rivoallan
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by corinne.rivoallan »

Ex- expat in Cambodia .. (5 years living there in the Good (?) old days ?

Just wanted to see how the country is doing. I am now living in New Zealand.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 pm welcome!
:wave:
Milk was a bad choice
Jonathan1975
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Jonathan1975 »

Hi CEO members,

Name's Jonathan and from the states (please forgive me, I didn't vote for Trump)...

Wife and I are most likely moving to PP for a few years at the beginning of the year.

We operate a manufacturing and distribution business that sources from Chinese and Indian suppliers and thought Cambodia might be a good central point as we enjoy living abroad and need to be closer to our suppliers. Was in South Korea for five years as well.

I'm 42 but my wife says I have the mental capacity of a 12-year old (apologies to 12-year olds), the vocabulary of a sailor and a not so much a drinking problem, but the quitting that is the hardest.

Hoping everyone is enjoying life in Cambodia.

JC
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jonathan1975 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 pm Hi CEO members,

Name's Jonathan and from the states (please forgive me, I didn't vote for Trump)...

Wife and I are most likely moving to PP for a few years at the beginning of the year.

We operate a manufacturing and distribution business that sources from Chinese and Indian suppliers and thought Cambodia might be a good central point as we enjoy living abroad and need to be closer to our suppliers. Was in South Korea for five years as well.

I'm 42 but my wife says I have the mental capacity of a 12-year old (apologies to 12-year olds), the vocabulary of a sailor and a not so much a drinking problem, but the quitting that is the hardest.

Hoping everyone is enjoying life in Cambodia.

JC
Welcome JC, have you visited Cambodia before? or will this be your first time?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic