Violence in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Violence in Sihanoukville

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Sailorman wrote:I'll register with the US embassy dweebs about the same time pigs sprout wings, shoot flames out their butts and fly.

As to the beach. Situational awareness. Just give up your valubles? That just encourages them. Like rats, a little slice n' dice on the leader and the rest go back to the provinces to plant rice. None of them are pros, just opportunists. Get drunk alone and stagger, your a target.
Yes, yes, yes.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Having dealt with them down here, I can tell you that taking out the "leader" and the rest will scatter is FAR from the truth. What will happen is at best they'll run off for a few minutes to rally up 5-10 friends with stones and clubs and then will come back and beat you to death. Then if you go to the cops afterwards they'll have 20 witnesses show up saying you started it... and win. You'll be in jail or paying for having tried to stand up for yourself.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:They charge you $20 to register for you. That's hilarious!
Well that sucks! The Aussie government virtually begs you to join their notifications service.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Ok, back to original post.The warning came about after a couple of American servicemen made fukwits of themselves 1 night at the dolphin and got taught a lesson that they would have been taught anywhere in the world and I can pretty much say, at least in the town I'm from in Oz, it would have been a lot worse for them there then it was here. They almost got what they deserved is my understanding of that incident.
However, apparently last night 3 young yank chicks got sliced up a bit by a Khmer girl ( again at that shithole dolphin shack). The reason is being speculated on and I certainly don't know the truth of the matter ( wasn't there and don't know anyone who actually was). But "apparently'" there was some provocation involved by the american girls.
BTW,don't keep harping on about irrelevant bullshit from another thread GM, it just makes you look like a poor debater. Or just another typical yank who refuses to back down no matter what. We agreed Jan 1st 2017, didn't we? Its a little early ( and a little arrogant) to start doing a victory dance yet mate.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hotdigr wrote:
We agreed Jan 1st 2017, didn't we? Its a little early ( and a little arrogant) to start doing a victory dance yet mate.
You're right, fair enough.

I just thought these kinds of stories show how it's got a long running reputation for being a seedy backpacker beach town.

I also think that locals are crazy aggressive around Dolphin Shack at night.

Here's an SMS I received from a buddy last time I was down there partying late night. I left, and got this from my buddy, who stayed a little later..

"About 5 minutes after you all left, some obese man walked into the bar, had about 5sec worth of words with a dude at the bar before knocking him out. The dude at the bar fell backwards and hit his head. I went to look at him and on top of the blood he seemed to be pretty bad. Shit cleared out right quick."

"The only people who didn't seem phased were the whores...... They literally just shook a bottle of beach sand onto the floor so no one would slip on the big blood puddle...... We left after that..."

LoL, after reading that again and remembering all the random violence I've seen down there, I feel a warning from the US Embassy was way over due.

I'm still waiting for the American Embassy to alert everyone about the dangers of Golden Sorya Mall and G-Pub.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

There's rumor that those places are going to be cleared out fairly soon... we'll see how that pans out.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

OrangeDragon wrote:There's rumor that those places are going to be cleared out fairly soon... we'll see how that pans out.
I seldom go there anymore but I hope you're wrong, the beach dancing shacks are the salt and pepper of SHV.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

What's the common thread here? Drunks. Whores. People being stupid. Don't be those people and you'll have a better chance of not getting knocked out.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

OD: You slice n' dice a thief and hang around so his friends can get a mob and you deserve what you get. Get the deed down/surprise-them, then split and they can worry its going to happen to them the next time.
"The better part of valor, is discretion "
Falstaff
Henry IV, Part I
Will Shakespeare

Situational Awareness:

Get drunk in a bad area without backup, your a target of opportunity. A good percentage of us westerners/expats have been in the military of one sort or another, these bozos haven't. They are looking for an easy score. Make them look for someone else.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote:OD: You slice n' dice a thief and hang around so his friends can get a mob and you deserve what you get. Get the deed down/surprise-them, then split and they can worry its going to happen to them the next time.
"The better part of valor, is discretion "
Falstaff
Henry IV, Part I
Will Shakespeare

Situational Awareness:

Get drunk in a bad area without backup, your a target of opportunity. A good percentage of us westerners/expats have been in the military of one sort or another, these bozos haven't. They are looking for an easy score. Make them look for someone else.
split how? by riding in his friend's tuktuk? or on his friend's moto?

and s'ville is a small town... you'll see him again. or more accurately he'll see you again... and they don't forget or forgive. recent fight here was over something a guy did to the khmer dude while drunk a YEAR ago. khmer guy happened to see him and sets it all off.

this isn't your back home bar brawl...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic