Texas Chain Saw Massacre remembered

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Texas Chain Saw Massacre remembered

Post by boozyoldman »

Just another death ... that of the maker of this stunning masterpiece / vile heap of shit (delete according to your inclination)

http://takimag.com/article/last_of_the_ ... z4tksIe1E4

It was probably the first of the "really nasty" genre of horror flix - there are other conteders for the title, of course
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Texas Chain Saw Massacre remembered

Post by cptrelentless »

Tobe Hooper died ages ago, mate. He also made life forms and was technically the director of Poltergeist.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I didn't realize he directed Poltergeist till I read that. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was an awesome movie.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:44 pm I didn't realize he directed Poltergeist till I read that. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was an awesome movie.
It's been thought that Spielberg was the main director of Poltergeist, there was some red tape that he couldn't direct because of ET so they brought Hooper in, it feels more Spielberg to me.

Re-watched TCSM 2 couple months ago, I didn't like it the 1st time I watched it(at the drive in!) as I didn't get the parody and wanted more of the 1st, now I get the genius of it, plus Dennis Hopper fkn rocks :beer1:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic