Driving licence

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Driving licence

Post by bangkokhooker »

I have a close contact...sorry, slightly pretentious; oh shit who am I kidding, some barang I know who said it'd cost $400 for "everything".

I'm not sure if you need to actually go there as he said things have changed since he did it. I actually saw his 10 year licence. Blown. Away. They actually exist!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Of course they exist, why do people believe that the 10 yr license for foreigners is a myth? Just because you don't have one, or have never seen one, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know a few people with them, and yes it was possible to pay extra to pass the tests without actually sitting them, not sure whether that's possible now though?
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

I'd say they are as rare as a trustworthy Tuk Tuk.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bangkokhooker wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 pm I'd say they are as rare as a trustworthy Tuk Tuk.
Only because foreigners are too lazy or cheap to bother going through the process...but in saying that, it probably works out cheaper to just renew annually ️anyway.

Edit: and yes, the above includes me :shock:
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Only if you live in PP.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

hello, can you tell me how to get a first driving license without a permanent official address ?
Can I just use any random address ? What kind of address proof do they require ?

Thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

cannabistourist wrote:hello, can you tell me how to get a first driving license without a permanent official address ?
Can I just use any random address ? What kind of address proof do they require ?

Thanks.
No, it requires a sangkat residency certificate. Ask your landlord to help.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

I do not have any landlord, I prefer to stay in hotels long term, I guess that any landlord could give me a certificate for a fee ?
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Ok. I'll say it.

Cannabistourist: You can't just roll up into the Bodge, immediately get a 1 yr. EOS (unless you meet certain criteria), get a driver's license without renting/owning a residence (hotels don't count), and absolutely nothing moves as quickly or efficiently as you seem to think it will/should.

For a pothead, I would think you could understand how to chill. Calm down! Stop posting the same question in multiple threads. Go with the flow.

Can you understand what this means?:

Did I miss the troll alert, or is this guy really for real? :facepalm:
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

nominative determinism
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic