Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

Post by willyhilly »

Some of the signs used to say French lessons available.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

Post by Cruisemonkey »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:34 pm Kampot will be next in the firing line for sure
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/21768/ ... -new-port/
Andykk may be shrewd in his choices of steung treng and koh kong- though koh kong as development proceeds.

The Pallas Group's USD 23 billion, massive (over 6000 hectares), super luxury, mega project 'French Riviera Marina' (along with a smaller, 144 hectare project in Kep) is mind-boggling. Apartments start at over 12 million dollars :shock: and villas at over 26 million. :shock: :shock:

Who the fuck are they going to market these things to? Chinese multi-millionaires? If I had that much money I'd live on the real French Riviera... not in Kampot!

Anyway, land prices are skyrocketing and businesses that are leasing are being forced out when the lease comes up for renewal and they can't afford the new rate. I wish I were a Khmer who owned an acre or two along the river in Kampot.
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic